Travis

Re: Another Guy - Full video and download
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:38 AM Quote
I like.... To me its all different Travis merged in to a new sound. Reminds me of Depeche Mode, again, to me. .Really suits the video , think Neil does the best Grump!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 23 Mar, 2013 10:00 AM Quote
First impressions are good for me. :) I like the minimalist sound. It reminds me a bit of Big Chair for some reason, perhaps because the percussion serves a similar purpose. And also because Big Chair was released as a kind of pre-single for TBWNN too. I think the ambient instrumental part after the second chorus is a highlight. Lush.

briandsutton
briandsutton Posted Sat 23 Mar, 2013 9:26 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
First impressions are good for me. :) I like the minimalist sound. It reminds me a bit of Big Chair for some reason, perhaps because the percussion serves a similar purpose. And also because Big Chair was released as a kind of pre-single for TBWNN too. I think the ambient instrumental part after the second chorus is a highlight. Lush.

I was thinking exactly the same thing so although it means nothing coming from me I believe your right.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 24 Mar, 2013 12:29 PM Quote
So much love for this!

Yes, I agree that it's different. But still exactly my taste.

I really can't wait to see you guys live again. So good to have you back! <3

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 24 Mar, 2013 1:13 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

And if Big Chair was the kiss on the cheek for that Album we are in for some serious musical pleasure...just in time for Summer, great.! Fran is such a tease ;)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 24 Mar, 2013 1:13 PM Quote
Ill get the hang of this phone one day

hayjdue99
hayjdue99 Posted Sun 24 Mar, 2013 8:33 PM Quote
The synth underneath the solo is really, really nice. Drum track is great. Steady guitar, nice vocals. I literally cannot wait for the album.

cazman
cazman Posted Sun 24 Mar, 2013 9:06 PM Quote
wheres the publicity for this?

seriously great song. very different. if radiohead did this song it'd be everywhere.

great job travis but i'm worried less people will listen when many should.

Aylwyn (Glasgow Guy)
Aylwyn (Glasgow Guy) Posted Wed 27 Mar, 2013 12:16 AM Quote
Something wonderfully krautrock-y about that steady beat/rhythm guitar thru it, and then those lush synths/reverb-filled lead guitar takes it to Spiritualized-esque heights if but for moment. Absolutely cracking lead single, beautifully understated

Cazman, I don't understand your point? By the argument you're making, if this song was released by Taylor Swift, it'd be huge. Just because an artist is huge/has a publicity machine behind them does not guarantee a hit. Just ask every NME band of the moment of the last decade (remember Spector, The Subways, Viva Brother anyone?)

laurimus
laurimus Posted Wed 10 Apr, 2013 4:49 AM Quote
Oh, I've watched this video for a hundred times and I just love it!! :) You know, what really makes me laugh every time is the fake bird in all of the green-screen scenes!! :D :D You guys!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times UTC Current Time 11:58 AM