Travis

Re: Another Guy - Full video and download
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 5:58 PM Quote
Don't think the song sounds unfinished at all, but i can see how you think that its kind of lofi

It does sound nothing like anything they have done before, very unTravisy guitar and vocals I love it. I think the lads should be credited for trying to shake things up a bit when most bands of their age and position could get away with re-hashing TMW and TIB. I don't expect this will be the best song on the album but i hope it bodes well for the rest of it

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 6:43 PM Quote
I think the opposite of rushed and unfinished. I think it sounds like a song that was written by a band in a very relaxed and a very good place. It sounds fantastic and I'm really excited to hear more of the songs! :) Excellent!!!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 7:33 PM Quote
I think this is a great song, quite agree that sounds like nothing they have done before, and as Ben said done by band in a relaxed and good place . And yes to me sound relaxed, and simple. Simple in a very good way, because it doesn't need nothing more to be brillant.
I can't wait to hear the rest of the album! Very well done Travis, again!

paulo
paulo Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 7:41 PM Quote
I think it's excellent.Catchy as anything!Got a nice early 80's feel to it!

the_invisible_fan
the_invisible_fan Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:59 PM Quote
Excellent song!!! And video is funny as hell :) I'm still laughing :) Dougie is a great actor :D

I'm too excited for the album already! I'm sure it's amazing!

pcg
pcg Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:08 PM Quote
The version on Youtube is good, but it's almost like it's lo-fi to go along with the video. (Which is fine—it's Youtube.) The download sounds FANTASTIC. And beyond the technical details, the song itself is just lovely. Great teaser; I cannot wait to hear the rest of the album!

peno
peno Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:18 PM Quote
Fine song Fran...:)
And to everyone - lets injoy and be happy the band is here again hopefully with another fine album

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:33 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
yes to me sound relaxed, and simple. Simple in a very good way, because it doesn't need nothing more to be brillant.

I agree! :)

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 12:28 AM Quote
Grant wrote:
I quite like the song! Not sure if it's the right choice for a single though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

When are you guys going to crank up the distortion again and give us something raw and angry like Good Day to Die?! :D

Where does it say this is the first single? Think of it as a little peck on the cheek... The full snog has yet to be launched...

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 12:41 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Grant wrote:
I quite like the song! Not sure if it's the right choice for a single though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

When are you guys going to crank up the distortion again and give us something raw and angry like Good Day to Die?! :D

Where does it say this is the first single? Think of it as a little peck on the cheek... The full snog has yet to be launched...

It is a great song and I love it. The video is great too and really funny! Great teaser for the full album!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 12:58 AM Quote
Great song and video! Can't wait for the album!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:30 AM Quote
I like it. Simple, but cool. A little different. Gotta keep it fresh. I'm glad it doesn't just sound like a rehash from the past.

Interested to see what the rest of the album will sound like. Hoping for a little more rockiness that can translate into a fun live show. :)

melissa
melissa Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:54 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Grant wrote:

Great song, great video, I think, this is Travis,with these video and sounds, and that´s emotional, 'cos Travis come back with your new stuff, after years, and they are the same people, the same simple guys who you are since the beginning. And in modern times is very difficult keep essence, and in my opinion you are the band who makes it, so congratulation!! And thanks for make us very happy with your music. Hope you come back soon to Argentina, to enjoy A7 in a concert! I would really like my son (Francis) meets you!
kisses from buenos aires!!

good luck!!

20462046 Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 5:10 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Grant wrote:

even a clip of another guy makes me feel so good,great melody,great aura,cold, lonely but beautiful!!!

Trixi
Trixi Posted Thu 21 Mar, 2013 6:27 AM Quote
woohoo, thank youuuuuu! :-D
I wanted to watch the video again you posted on facebook yesterday but this morning it said this video is not available in your country :-|...damn!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:37 PM