Travis

Re: Our Messageboard
julietravisaddict
julietravisaddict Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 7:50 AM Quote
Great! It's so nice to see all back, even Neil writing blogs wow! I want to thank you because this messageboard enabled me to meet the sweetest people and we're eager you start a tour as it will be another opportunity to meet again

Julie

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 7:52 AM Quote
Thanks so much for this Fran. I can't think of any other artist (as famous as you are) who would take the time to write on his or hers messageboards. Trust me I'm a huge messageboarder ;) Glad this forum is still alive, glad Travis is still alive. I hope I make it to be someone as incredible as Bombus, Amy Mac or Harry Potter but til then I'm just gonna be me. And post over here, and come to your shows (Zurich 2011 is still my favorite show ever - thanks!).
Cyril

Libor
Libor Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 8:35 AM Quote
I would like to thank you too Fran. The way you guys directly communicate with fans is something which cant be at all taken as a granted and Im sure everyone really appreciates it. When I have a bad day, the blogs from studio is something I can look forward to and it always cheers me up at the end of the day. I remember doing the same back in 2008 when Dougie did the blogs while recording Ode to J Smith. So thanks for that and greetings from the Czech Republic (we would like to welcome you here for the first time as I am probably one of the few if not only one here who didnt have yet the opportunity to meet Travis in person :)
..and I second what Julie wrote - it was super pleasant to read a blog by Neil because I have never seen his appearance at the messageboard, he is the most mysterious person in a band for me :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 10:19 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
I was just thinking that it's been about 13 years since we put up the Travisonline Messageboard.

*beep

Hi Franny,
It's changed so much but I'm glad it's still here too. Can't believe how quickly time flies. Every time the studio diaries pop up with each successive album, the floodgates open to all twelve (hundred thousand) memories, including how much time I've spent here. But I am particularly fond of TIB web cam period . . . like telling Dougie to send me a peace sign among other things. =D That is cool to know you were pioneers in this!
So so happy to see you guys are still at it, always taking the music into different directions and challenging yourselves. As always, I'm anticipating the new release as well as awaiting more shows. Nothing beats seeing the best live band ever. :D
Sending you all good vibes during the recording (and for the weather). XX

Oasisbobo
Oasisbobo Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 11:13 AM Quote
I've loved the messageboard ever since I signed up. It's a great place full of friendly people! Love coming here and may it continue for the next 13 years :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 12:54 PM Quote
It's looking a bit more retro nowadays but the messageboard still holds a special place in the Travis-shaped part of my heart. Must be knocking on 10 years now that I've been a member of it. Guess that makes me an oldie!

Boardies are a super-cool bunch of people, and the messageboard has given me lots of awesome 'tinterweb buddies! There's twitter and facebook now, but here's to hoping there's life in the ol' board yet. Maybe I've got another Song Showdown in me yet too. ;D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 3:13 PM Quote
Hi Fran :)

It's been over 10 years since I bought my first Travis album, and it's over 7 years since I joined this messageboard. So much has changed in my life during that time and Travis have been there alongside me every step of the way :) Thank you for your wonderful music. Not just for the entertainment but for the help your music has brought to my life. I met my beautiful girlfriend on this messageboard (hi Mónica! ^^ lol) and that wouldn't have happened without Travis :) Thank you!! Gracias!!

I can't wait for the new album. It'll be a great, great day when it's released. Travis have always been my favourite band (since I was about 14, anyway) and that remains the case to this day.

Travis, woo hoo!

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 3:42 PM Quote
No special mention of Mr. Az? ;0) Glad you guys are back. Travisland will always be my security blanket of websites. Ok, so a lot hasnt been happening here before the red reconquered, but it was always nice to be able to vend a problem here amongst 'friends.' Seems more private than most other sites. And great real life friendships, romances, marriages and babies have emerged from this place. Another thing you guys can be proud of. Lets get the 'Bring back Harry Potter Campaign' into gear

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 4:03 PM Quote
Fran, I was so, so scared when I read your message title, because I thought you were about to close our board!! SHOCKING! But it was the opposite of that, and I'm so glad and happy about your words!! This is a declaration of love to us boardies, and I want to give this back to you! Messageboards like this are wonderful, YOU are wonderful because you let us be a small part of the Travis thing... hope you know what I mean. And which singer else in this wwworld does conversations like you do with us fans?! The biggest, biggest DANKE to you, Fran, du coole Socke, and all the band!

Boardies, let us rock this board!

Love, Silvia.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 4:36 PM Quote
For many years now this board has been one of those little addictions in life that I just can't give up along with chocolate, late nights and my phone! Thanks to this forum, I've met a great bunch of people either at gigs or on other occasions with friendships being built all over the World.
At the end of the day, it's the Band and the Boardies that make this place what it is and that's why I love it here!
Debbie.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 4:38 PM Quote
Fran, this is a wonderful place and it means so much to me. I'm really glad to see that it's coming to live again :D

mozman68 wrote:
I still have to submit my Flat Travis pics and video...maybe I should get on that....

Me too!

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 5:53 PM Quote
I was 15 when I first discovered Travis,it's been over 5 years.I grew up with your music.Although my English was terrible and I was a little shy to post here,I constantly checked the board and enjoyed lovely posts and even met some lovely people.It is amazing how music can bring people together and thanks to you to make it possible.And how cool is it to see your posts here!I think this is your difference,always humble and candid,what makes Travis Travis.Anyway,I'm so overjoyed with this new album and Travis coming alive again!

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 6:45 PM Quote
Such an inspiring post! I became a member in 2004, just after hearing Side in the bus ^^, buying your album afterwards and have been a huge fan ever since! You guys make life more beautiful for everyone here!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 7:05 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
You guys make life more beautiful for everyone here!

Yes! :)

Craig
Craig Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 7:10 PM Quote
Hey Fran,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great music over the years has really helped me get through some tough shit in life. Loved Wreckorder as well that was great too!

It really is great too know some incredible talented musicians and one of the best live bands I have ever seen!

And to all the great people off this board that I have met at gigs! this is and always will be a very special board!

Heres to years in the furture!!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:21 PM