Travis

Re: Olympics 2012
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2012 3:20 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
So proud of our women's soccer team (you know, "football") after the heartbreak of the game vs. the US, they deserved a metal so much!
It is amazing, when an athlete's first thought after scoring the winning goal, is to grab the Canadian crest on their jersey. I <3 sports

The US Canada game was GREAT . You could see the toll it took on the team

In terms of Olympic futbal , North America kicked ass . Congrats to Mexico mens and the US & Canadian womens squads

I was reminded tonight that I used to play hockey against the girl who won the medal winning goal for Canada! She was a good hockey player, too.
Everyone in Canada knows each other

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2012 9:10 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I was reminded tonight that I used to play hockey against the girl who won the medal winning goal for Canada! She was a good hockey player, too.

One of the field-hockey gold medal winners used to be in my class at school. I think in those 7 years we spent in the same classroom I said about 10 words to him, but it was still fun seeing him on tv ;D

mili
mili Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2012 9:36 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
minnmess wrote:

One of the field-hockey gold medal winners used to be in my class at school. I think in those 7 years we spent in the same classroom I said about 10 words to him, but it was still fun seeing him on tv ;D

World's a small placeā€¦ Finland even smaller. I've brushed with all sorts of succesful Finns, but none I could call friends or anything like that (hardly surprising when 20 % of the population live in the realtively small area). For excample Tiina Lillak, once a gold medallist javelinist in the 80's lived in my area at the time (used to see her driving around in a car with her name on it), and now she's a physiotherapist at my current area. Around the same time the future F1 driver JJ Lehto was in the same English class with me, he wasn't that good in languages, but drove his car like a maniac, we used to dive in the ditch at the sight of his red car.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2012 2:21 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Every 4 years, I asked the same question: "boys play field hockey?" They really don't here.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 7:35 PM