Travis

Re: Soapbox moment
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:11 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Suppose they have to as they already gave one to Chris Hoy fo much the same thing.

Dubz

I had forgotten about that. Why the cyclists and not other Olympians?

I have no idea, I mean Steve Redgrave had to win gold in 5 different games, which in my opinion is a feat of such magnitude it deserves a knighthood before he got his.

Chris Hoy/Bradley Wiggins win one and it's here ya go...

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2012 2:56 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Chris Hoy/Bradley Wiggins win one and it's here ya go...

Dubz

It's all a bit slapdash, innit. The media were calling for Rebecca Adlington to get an honour (I think the word "Dame" was mentioned!) for the last Olympics. She got beat by a 15 year old kid this year ...

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2012 4:03 PM Quote

http://toppun.com/Martin-Luther-King/Nothing-All-World-dangerous-sincere-ignorance-conscientious-stupidity.gif

mili
mili Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2012 5:05 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Just to add to your misery...Northern Ireland get free prescriptions too. Sorry! You need to speak to those meanie English folk!!!

I am indeed truely miserable now :-/

Soapbox Moment #2

Bradley Wiggins.

Give the man a knighthood?

He's only ridden a bloody bike - get a bloody grip, people!

I like Wiggo, but knighting any athlete os showbiz person, unless for truly massive achievements seems a bit pointless. I saw an ad with a picture of Hoy asking "Can a man be knighted twice?"

Anyways, Wiggins said in an interview that he's not interested in being sir, if they give it to him, he won't be using the title, prefers to be just plain old Brad.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 10:16 PM