Travis

Amy Macdonald
jaguar
jaguar Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:43 PM Quote
I remember someone on here used to give her lip regularly,saying that her music was crap and she`ll no amount to anything.

this was when she was just starting up,chattin away to folk in the chatroom (remember that?)

anybody remember who it was ?

I bet the twats no so clever now

Gaunyersel` Amy Doll

Re: Amy Macdonald
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2012 1:07 PM Quote
jaguar wrote:
I remember someone on here used to give her lip regularly,saying that her music was crap and she`ll no amount to anything.

this was when she was just starting up,chattin away to folk in the chatroom (remember that?)

anybody remember who it was ?

I bet the twats no so clever now

Gaunyersel` Amy Doll

Hey Jag, How you doin'?, haven't seen you around here for ages...

Never used to give her any "lip", but was never a huge fan, it's just not my type of music and even if it were, to me at least (no offence Amy), it sounds much the same as a lot of other stuff out there, there is nothing in her music/songs that make it stand out from the rest. Don't get me wrong I hope she does well.

Also I don't think she done herself any favours singing about popstars and footballers, before getting hooked up with one...

Best of Luck Amy

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2012 3:40 PM Quote
Have just trawled my email inbox* for one of Amy's emails - on 20/2/2005 she was getting some stick about people promoting their own music, which she 'took personally'.
There was one person named in it but i'll keep that to myself methinks, seeing as they still pop in from time to time.

The only other one I remember is Steve Elliott who was a scottish arsehole who was also a budding artist and managed to piss everyone off, including TWT who eventually banned him.
I take great pleasure in knowing that he never did make it big, and it serves him fuckin' right.

There was a Channel 5 documentary about Amy recently - did anyone else see it?

* I realise how sad it is to have emails dating back seven years :-D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2012 3:54 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Have just trawled my email inbox* for one of Amy's emails - on 20/2/2005 she was getting some stick about people promoting their own music, which she 'took personally'.
There was one person named in it but i'll keep that to myself methinks, seeing as they still pop in from time to time.

The only other one I remember is Steve Elliott who was a scottish arsehole who was also a budding artist and managed to piss everyone off, including TWT who eventually banned him.
I take great pleasure in knowing that he never did make it big, and it serves him fuckin' right.

There was a Channel 5 documentary about Amy recently - did anyone else see it?

* I realise how sad it is to have emails dating back seven years :-D

Was that the smart arse ?? Kept randomly complaining about the improper use of the word "Random", kept telling people there was no god, vehemently arguing about what people's freewill gave them the right to believe and such stuff.

Dubz

eta: Does said person on the email now regularly promote their own music, although haven't seen any "promotions" in a while...

efta: The Random wanker used to get his girlfriend to back him up too.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2012 8:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Was that the smart arse ?? Kept randomly complaining about the improper use of the word "Random", kept telling people there was no god, vehemently arguing about what people's freewill gave them the right to believe and such stuff.

Dubz

eta: Does said person on the email now regularly promote their own music, although haven't seen any "promotions" in a while...

efta: The Random wanker used to get his girlfriend to back him up too.

He was a smartarse, yeah. I don't remember him going on about God though. I've got a copy of the post TWT wrote when he was banned (sad, I know lol) - longest thing they ever wrote I reckon, quite harsh too!

No, the person on the email doesn't promote their own music - I think they've said they are tone deaf.

Oh, the God thing - wasn't that Dave? Did he go on about how the moon landings were fake?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2012 9:38 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

He was a smartarse, yeah. I don't remember him going on about God though. I've got a copy of the post TWT wrote when he was banned (sad, I know lol) - longest thing they ever wrote I reckon, quite harsh too!

No, the person on the email doesn't promote their own music - I think they've said they are tone deaf.

Oh, the God thing - wasn't that Dave? Did he go on about how the moon landings were fake?

It was Dave, I think it may have been more the evolution verses god. but yeah you're nearly right about the moon landings... Someone else said they were fake and Dave wrote a massive point by point diatribe on why this person was talking out of their arse (his words not mine)

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2012 9:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

It was Dave, I think it may have been more the evolution verses god. but yeah you're nearly right about the moon landings... Someone else said they were fake and Dave wrote a massive point by point diatribe on why this person was talking out of their arse (his words not mine)

Dubz

Ahh right, there was something about dust and lack of atmosphere ... or something like that.
He did go on a bit, didn't he?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:45 PM