Travis

the fratellis
Joanna
Joanna Posted Thu 24 May, 2012 12:26 AM Quote
just been over to their board - ie the one twt used to manage also - its looking very spammed. did they split up? have twt self combusted under the workload?

Re: the fratellis
Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2012 11:02 PM Quote

I bothered my ass to look for the answer, as I know you will totally be losing sleep over this ... :P

They announced a hiatus a few years ago, then four days ago (!) they said this:

THE FRATELLIS REFORM TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY

04/06/12

Hello all,

The Fratellis have decided to reform to help raise money for The Eilidh Brown Memorial Fund on the 15th of June at the MacRobert Centre in Stirling. Having talked about doing some gigs this year the band decided that helping this great cause would be the perfect way to get going again, tickets can be purchased from the Macrobert Centre.

The band also hope to announce further gigs in the not too distant future but hope that as many fans as possible can come to Stirling to support the charity and be among the first to see Jon, Baz and Mince take to the stage together for the first time in 4 years!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2012 11:05 PM Quote

*warning*
I may chat to myself on this thread ... I have been pining for my random one-sided freaky chats for a while. Trouble is, everything floats to the fuckin top now. I used to hide within pages of complete drivel ...

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2012 11:07 PM Quote

I gotta say that any artists with names such as 'Baz' and 'Mince' puts me right off before I've even heard them ...

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2012 11:09 PM Quote
I was in Tesco recently (unfortunately) and heard a man shouting at his two kids - Arrow and Archer.

I kid ye not.

I was wondering where Bow and Target were ...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:18 AM Quote
I fucking hate the Fratellis with a fucking vengence, seriously I wouldn't stop kicking themuntl my feet were sore. this may have something to do with the "irish" football club Celtic singing Chelsea Dagger, How can you claim to be Oirish while singing what is quintessentially an English fucking anthem you fucking morons, of course these are the twats who sing the Irish National anthem not as Amhrán na bhFiann but as the Soldier's Song, It's never sung in Ireland in English it's always sung as Gaeilge(in Irish). It's a fucking beautiful song in Irish and you haven't heard it till you've been in Pairc an Chrocaigh (Croke Park) on All Ireland Final Day and heard 82,800 people belt it out at the top of their lungs.

Dubs

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2012 10:14 PM Quote
lol, saw this and thought of you

http://www.gbposters.com/images/gbposters-com/lightbox/b7f7/30727/GN0690-IRELAND-keep-calm.jpg

:-D

would be good on a t-shirt.

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 23 Jun, 2012 1:10 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
while singing what is quintessentially an English fucking anthem

How's it an English anthem mate? The Chelsea in the title is nothing to do with the Chelsea in London. It's a character in the song. Named after Jon Fratelli's missus, who's called Chelsea, and also a bit of a play on Britney Spears' name apparently. Spear/Dagger, get it?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 23 Jun, 2012 4:18 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
while singing what is quintessentially an English fucking anthem

How's it an English anthem mate? The Chelsea in the title is nothing to do with the Chelsea in London. It's a character in the song. Named after Jon Fratelli's missus, who's called Chelsea, and also a bit of a play on Britney Spears' name apparently. Spear/Dagger, get it?

It's one of those tunes that was very quickly adopted by the tattoo'd fuckwit brigade, you know the type -12 degrees outside but they wear their Eng-ger-land top while bouncing around doing the above the head "arm-pump" to this song. Not saying the Scots/Welsh or anyone else didn't.

That whole Fratellis/The View/Arctic Monkeys/Babyshambles scene does my head in, it's suppossed to be "Cheeky Chappies" having a bit of fun, being a bit boisterous. Go to a gig or a nightclub where this stuff plays, it goes very quickly from "Cheeky" to arogant little neds looking for a fight.

Dubz

eta: Maybe I'm just getting old.

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 23 Jun, 2012 5:19 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Maybe I'm just getting old.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p130/elfy32the3rd/3777084698_a7ef4bf328.jpg

Haha!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:23 PM