Unusual street names
mili
mili Posted Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:43 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
I double dog dare Kristy and other Oasis fans to click on this

DO IT !!!!!!!

what the eff??
He is from Ottawa. There is a road named after him.

This message made me think of unusual street names in my city. The most surprising one must be a street named after Henry Ford. Slightly less odd ones are the Stockholm street and Mika Häkkinen Square in the neighbouring city's suburb where he grew up.

Any odd/interesting ones in your neck of woods?

Re: Unusual street names
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 13 Mar, 2012 9:35 AM Quote
mili wrote:
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
I double dog dare Kristy and other Oasis fans to click on this

DO IT !!!!!!!

what the eff??
He is from Ottawa. There is a road named after him.

This message made me think of unusual street names in my city. The most surprising one must be a street named after Henry Ford. Slightly less odd ones are the Stockholm street and Mika Häkkinen Square in the neighbouring city's suburb where he grew up.

Any odd/interesting ones in your neck of woods?

There are loads in Dublin, Off the top of my head... Phoenix Park, Little Britian Street, Great Denmark Street, Brabazon Street, Marley Park (it's fun to tell unsuspecting tourists is named after the time Bob Marley played there), Stepaside,

Dublin comes from the Gaelic Dubh Linn meaning Black Pool, so Dublin is actually Blackpool, my theory as well is that Phoenix Park is an anglized version of Páirc an Fhionnuisce, Uisce is water and Fianna is Deer, so it could originally be Deerwater Park.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 13 Mar, 2012 2:54 PM Quote
Clearly I haven't had enough coffee yet, as I thought this was the Today's News of You thread, since you copied my msg from there. I'm not very bright.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 01 Apr, 2012 10:52 PM Quote
I found a Break My Neck Lane in Cornwall last year. The sat nav tried to get us to drive down it but it's tiny!

There's also a street called Brown Willy in Cornwall - surprised no one's tried to get that changed ;-)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 02 Apr, 2012 1:25 AM Quote
My aunt used to live on Egg & Iraod. I drove past it a couple of weeks ago and it made me think of this thread.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:14 AM