Travis

Re: Top 10 Most Played Songs
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 4:34 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
I don't have any stats like that... can't get them either because I don't usually listen to music on my computer. My MP3-player is broken so I listen to music on my phone's MP3-player, which is crappy and can't do any lists... at home I listen to CDs and tapes.

I guess at the moment my Top-10 list would consist of fun. (that's a band name ;P) and Decemberists songs ;)

I'm much the same, I'm even getting to a sadder stage of burning stuff from my hard drive onto CD so I can listen to it through a proper system. My Bose system in the bedroom plays mp3 CDs so I'm thinking of burning my CD collection onto blank discs to save me changing discs I also notice I listen to stuff more often if it's crammed inbetween other stuff I like.

Dubz

I realized that my answer isn't going to be very accurate soon. My sound is going on my laptop (fine with headphones, but speakers are nearly dead) so my morning ritual of itunes shuffle while I get ready for work just switched to my new stereo. I think when I get a new laptop, the transfer will delete the # of plays. I could be wrong as my last new laptop was due to a crash not a 'just getting old and need a new one'

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 5:19 PM Quote
My iTunes had a Top 25 button. My top 10 consists of Travis, The Turtles, Fleet Foxes, and a couple songs by people I know who are not famous...just regular people who like to sing.

How do you get an iPod to play songs randomly? I've looked and looked, and I can't find a shuffle option. (I'm going to be one of those old people who can't figure out the self check-out at the grocery store or get money from the ATM, I'm afraid.)

mili
mili Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 5:24 PM Quote
My top10 from last 3 months according to LastFM is:

1 Rubik – World Around You
2 Rubik – Solar Death March (In Octaves)
3 Kaiser Chiefs – Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning)
4 Rubik – Karhu Junassa
5 Rubik – Sun's Eyes
5 Rubik – Storm In A Glass Of Water
5 Rubik – Towers Upon Towers
8 Portishead – The Rip
8 Rubik – Laws Of Gravity
8 French Films – The Great Wave Of Light
8 French Films – This Dead Town

(in other words, 5-8 have the same amount of plays) Looks like I found Rubik in the last few months.

Last 12 months:

1 Travis – Writing To Reach You
1 Mogwai – Mexican Grand Prix
3 Mogwai – Death Rays
4 Travis – Battleships
5 Travis – My Eyes
6 Mogwai – White Noise
7 The Smashing Pumpkins – Disarm
8 Fran Healy – Anything
9 Mogwai – San Pedro
10 Mogwai – Rano Pano
10 Rubik – World Around You

The gigs I went to in 2011: Fran, Mogwai, Ufomammut (Their music is more like big entities, not single songs played here and there), Kaiser Chiefs and Rubik, I think that's obvious.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 6:02 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My iTunes had a Top 25 button. My top 10 consists of Travis, The Turtles, Fleet Foxes, and a couple songs by people I know who are not famous...just regular people who like to sing.

How do you get an iPod to play songs randomly? I've looked and looked, and I can't find a shuffle option. (I'm going to be one of those old people who can't figure out the self check-out at the grocery store or get money from the ATM, I'm afraid.)

what kind of ipod do you have, ma dear?
I don't have my ipod infront of me, but I think shuffle is in settings?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 6:37 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Ok, I feel rather stupid now. There is a shuffle setting. I guess since after Music, Videos, Photos, Podcasts, Extras, Settings and then album cover pictures start scrolling by, I thought that was the end of the menu. Shuffle Songs and Now Playing were below.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 6:52 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Ok, I feel rather stupid now. There is a shuffle setting. I guess since after Music, Videos, Photos, Podcasts, Extras, Settings and then album cover pictures start scrolling by, I thought that was the end of the menu. Shuffle Songs and Now Playing were below.

Don't feel dumb. It should be in the music section, not off on its own.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:19 PM Quote
So my last.fm stats for the past 3,6 and 12 months basically consist of only Alex Turner (I really like Submarine soundtrack, mkay?). My all time stats - only slightly more varied.

1. Camera Obscura - French Navy
2. Girls - Lust for Life
3. Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
4. VV Brown - Crying Blood
5. The View - Double Yellow Lines
6. Girls - Laura
7. Alex Turner - Piledriver Waltz
8. M.I.A. - Paper Planes
9. Alex Turner - It's Hard to Get Around the Wind
10. Alex Turner - Hiding Tonight

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:30 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

1. Camera Obscura - French Navy

<3

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 4:38 PM Quote
Tonight I will make a playlist of all of your top 10's, I will come back with an evaluation ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM Quote
I really like Ingrid Michaelson, have to listen to her albums. Arcade Fire is talented, knew that before and Depache Mode is always enjoyable, working my way down the list.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 5:45 PM Quote
Travis seem to be a very good band!

I should add that I'm doing this for my own bit of fun and for inspiraton, not to judge your tastes :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 6:12 PM Quote
You are totally judging us! :P

Ingrid is awesome. She is all ukelele and sass

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 6:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
You are totally judging us! :P

Ingrid is awesome. She is all ukelele and sass

Haha no I'm not, I've enjoyed listening to everything. I can give you my top list, you're one's much better. Rubik's on now, interesting stuff =)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 6:20 PM Quote
Most played last year:

Coldplay – Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall
The Ark – The Apocalypse is Over
Andreas Johnson – A Little Bit of Love
The Ark – Breaking up with God
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – Kingdom Of Days
Andreas Johnson – We Can Work It Out
Coldplay – Don't Let It Break Your Heart
Coldplay – Viva La Vida