Travis

Farewell in 2012
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 2:20 PM Quote
Bob Holness (83), Blockbusters Quiz Master.

Gimme an "E" please Bob.

Zig and Zag Play Blockbusters with Bob Holness (I just know our friends across the water are looking at this and going what the f**k??)

Dubz

Re: Farewell in 2012
Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 2:35 PM Quote
Sad news.

I was watching Blockbusters on Challenge a few weeks ago, at some ungodly hour of the morning, and ex-Blue Peter presenter Konnie Huq was on. She looked about 12!

The Big Breakfast - how annoying was that show?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:24 PM Quote
I remember watching it as a kid/teenager, he seemed like a decent bloke, not a bad article in the Irish Times. Seems he never got tired of people shouting "Can I have a P please Bob".

There's quite a funny episode of Mock the Week when Dara defends Konnie and the rest of them then gang up on him and tease him about fancying her.

Big breakfast was seriously annoying, Chris Evans, Paula Yates, etc., etc...

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 4:51 PM Quote
Haha I'd forgotten about that. Andy Parsons is relentless with his ribbing. It's quite funny how exasperated Dara gets.

Gaby Roslin (whatever happened to her? she was everywhere at one point), Denise van Outen (ditto!), Richard Bacon, Paul Ross and a whole host of other fairly annoying people. Can't say I miss it, but C4 should come up with something to rival Daybreak - not that it'd take much ...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 6:17 PM Quote
Gaby Roslin she did a fair amout of sporty stuff as well didn't she, Denise van Outen disappeared up her own backside, she'll probably turn up on I'm a Big Celebrity on Ice Factor or some other piss in a few years time, Richard Bacon wasn't he kicked off Blue Peter for being "unwholesome", Paul Ross who's only claim to fame is being related to Jonathan seriously the man has made a career out of it.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 9:52 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
she'll probably turn up on I'm a Big Celebrity on Ice Factor or some other piss in a few years time,

Speaking of that sort of piss, I have no idea who anyone is in the "Celebrity" Big Brother house, nor on Dancing On Ice (apart from the lovely Chesney Hawkes who's out cos he's broken his ankle. he must be gutted - first bit of work he's had in years).

Either I'm getting old or the idea of 'celebrity' these days is seriously skewed ...

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:53 PM Quote

Farewell in 2012 ...

My Grandad.

The funeral is next week and i'm dreading it. Knowing my family someone is bound to put their foot in it with a distant relative/old friend ... I might take my own rock to crawl under ...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 01 Apr, 2012 10:02 PM Quote

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:42 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:

Farewell in 2012 ...

My Grandad.

The funeral is next week and i'm dreading it. Knowing my family someone is bound to put their foot in it with a distant relative/old friend ... I might take my own rock to crawl under ...

Sorry to hear this.

Thoughts with you and your family.

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:40 AM Quote
Sorry to hear that Sunny :0(

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 02 Apr, 2012 3:04 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I already saw it ...

Dubz, Edel, thanks both of you *hugs*

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2012 11:17 PM Quote

http://www.passedaway.com/image.php/Geoffrey-Hughes.jpg?width=150&height=150&cropratio=1:1&image=/assets/images/news_images/Geoffrey-Hughes.jpg

Geoffrey Hughes
lovely bloke.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2012 2:32 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

http://www.passedaway.com/image.php/Geoffrey-Hughes.jpg?width=150&height=150&cropratio=1:1&image=/assets/images/news_images/Geoffrey-Hughes.jpg

Geoffrey Hughes
lovely bloke.

Excellent actor, and decent bloke by many accounts.

Also in he past week, Maeve Binchy & Gore Vidal..

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:08 PM