Travis

travis first song. when and how?
Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 02 Jan, 2012 3:03 PM Quote
i'm a new member..of this excellent site and i want it to share when i met travis.
i was 7 years old, when my sister turn on the tv on mtv. i remerber think this is too good ...
but a few days i forgot... :/
it would be 7 years later that i would became completely devoted of there music

Re: travis first song. when and how?
hayjdue99
hayjdue99 Posted Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:58 PM Quote
I was helping my dad treat the tile in our new house and he was playing The Boy With No Name. I distinctly remember "My Eyes"

babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 2:45 PM Quote
Sing on some movie. Was it mr. Deeds perhaps? Not sure.
Also WDIAROM wa on the radio a lot before but I really fell for them in 2007 when I heard Closer on FIFA 08

mili
mili Posted Sun 08 Jan, 2012 12:00 AM Quote
WDIAROM on MTV most likely, such a long time ago now! I had the Man Who , Good Feeling and the Invisible Band CDs for years before I even knew which one of the boys on the cover played which instrument, just enjoyed the music.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Jan, 2012 1:48 AM Quote
2001 and 2002, with Sing, Side and Flowers In The Window. Following those, I bought The Invisible Band. Travis, and this website, really have changed my life. I don't say that lightly. I've met some special people (and one very, very special person in particular) on this website :)

jocelyn
jocelyn Posted Mon 09 Jan, 2012 5:12 AM Quote
I was 7 years old..My sister used to listen a lot of Radioactivo (local radio station of Mexico.. great station by the way) WDIAROM was played like every hour or two..well basically all the singles from the man who, my sister and I were like that´s a great song! I became a huge huge fan of travis when they released the singles and my other sister bought me that CD even when I only really knew WDIAROM,Re-Offender and sing oh I think maybe even driftwood not sure...I Love Travis!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 09 Jan, 2012 12:34 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
2001 and 2002, with Sing, Side and Flowers In The Window. Following those, I bought The Invisible Band. Travis, and this website, really have changed my life. I don't say that lightly. I've met some special people (and one very, very special person in particular) on this website :)

D'aaw, I think you're special too Ben. ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 09 Jan, 2012 11:18 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

D'aaw, I think you're special too Ben. ;)

*mua*

yeesteph
yeesteph Posted Tue 10 Jan, 2012 4:07 PM Quote
1999, when 'Driftwood' appeared on a free compilation CD I received with the purchase of Q Magazine. That entire CD was a good one, and introduced me to several new-ish artists, but with 'Driftwood', it was definitely love at first listen!

I went out and bought 'The Man Who', 'The Invisible Band', and loved both of them. When '12 Memories' came out in 2003, the deal was sealed, and Travis became my new favorite band. Now it's 2012 and I'm still listening .... :)

Archduke
Archduke Posted Sun 15 Jan, 2012 8:44 AM Quote
I was in the primary school so I was really young. I was watching tv,Travis-Side was playing.My sister said they are so cool and little melancholic.I listened and even I didn't even understand what he said I liked it(my native lang. isn't english) Now I'm going to collage still listening them!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 15 Jan, 2012 11:47 PM Quote
2007, The Boy With No Name era. They played on a festival, in my city. I haven't heard of them before, but I went and fell in love with their music! :)

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 16 Jan, 2012 8:05 PM Quote
I discovered Travis is 2010 I think. They're now undoubtedly my favourite band.

I heard a song playing on the kitchen radio, I immediately fell in love with it and went in search of it, it was "Sing".

Before this I'd heard "Why Does It Always Rain On Me" but this was before I got into music so I didn't know the artist. I'm 15 years old, are there many young fans here? :P

(listening to Wreckorder as I type)

Darwin.

hayjdue99
hayjdue99 Posted Mon 23 Jan, 2012 7:37 AM Quote
I'm still amazed by how large a margin I love them compared to any band. Nothing comes as close. Some bands come close to being close, but nothing tops it. I can always go back, to practically any song and I love it all over again.
His songs are a big comfort in life.

My favorite album has to be The Boy With No Name, no matter how many times Fran says that the band thinks they over-thought it.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:02 PM