Pete Postlethwaithe (actor)
Gerry Rafferty (singer/songwriter)
Sussanah York (actress)
John Barry (composser)
Gary Moore (guitarist)
Liz Taylor (actress)
Eddie Stobbart (haulage contractor)
Poly Styrene (punk chick)
Ted Lowe (Snooker commentator and whisperer)
Henry Cooper (boxer)
Seve Ballesteros (golfist)
Suzanne Mizzi (page3 burd)
Gil Scott Heron (poet)
Peter Falk (actor - Columbo)
Bert Jansch (musician - hugely influencial)
Steve Jobs (Self Named NON-fucking-Hippy)
Marco Simoncelli (motorbiker)
Jimmi Saville (disc jockey) "remember them, they used to actually play records"
"Smokin" Joe Frazier (boxer)
Gary Speed (footballer)
Ken Russell (film director)
Socrates (Brazillian footballer)
Billy Jo Spears (Country singer)

Dubz

Re: Lest We Forget
Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 9:12 PM Quote
and

Dan Wheldon (IndyCar driver)

'golfist'?

Prince Philip has been taken to hospital tonight - hope he won't be added to that list ...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 9:41 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
and

'golfist'?

Prince Philip has been taken to hospital tonight - hope he won't be added to that list ...

Forgot about Dan.

I was gonna put Golfer but Seve for me was much more than just a player of the game (I don't recognise it as a "Sport"), He was an excellent ambassador of Golf and a thoroughly decent human being.

I always thought Phil the Greek was a bit of a halfwit and that he inhabitted a different world from eeryone else, but he did an interview with some presenter, earlier this I think, She asked loads of inane, stupid questions so ... He ripped her to shreds, He went up in my estimation then, He's not as daft as he lets on. Hope he recovers but he must be a fair age by now.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 9:50 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sunny wrote:
and

'golfist'?

Forgot about Dan.

I was gonna put Golfer but Seve for me was much more than just a player of the game (I don't recognise it as a "Sport"), He was an excellent ambassador of Golf and a thoroughly decent human being.

I always thought Phil the Greek was a bit of a halfwit and that he inhabitted a different world from eeryone else, but he did an interview with some presenter, earlier this I think, She asked loads of inane, stupid questions so ... He ripped her to shreds, He went up in my estimation then, He's not as daft as he lets on. Hope he recovers but he must be a fair age by now.

Dubz

I was told today that he & the Queen are planning an extensive tour of UK next year. He's needed for that, so he'd better get well soon.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 9:55 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

It was the interview with Fiona Bruce for his 90th birthday if I remember rightly. I spent most of the show cringing. She was bloody awful as usual; so insipid - much like Huw Edwards who the Beeb like to wheel out for every occassion.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 11:06 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

It was the interview with Fiona Bruce for his 90th birthday if I remember rightly. I spent most of the show cringing. She was bloody awful as usual; so insipid - much like Huw Edwards who the Beeb like to wheel out for every occassion.

T'was indeed, I seem to remember her asking either absolutely inane pointless questions or really personal questions to which the Duke's reply was usually "Fuck Off, are you really stupid enough to think I'll answer that" of course I may be mis quoting him here but it was deffo words to that effect.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 26 Dec, 2011 2:29 PM Quote

another one:

John Sullivan (comedy writer)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 26 Dec, 2011 2:35 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

another one:

John Sullivan (comedy writer)

Only Fools & Horses ??

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 26 Dec, 2011 3:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Only Fools & Horses ??

Dubz

Yep. Plus Citizen Smith, Just Good Friends and others.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 26 Dec, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Only Fools & Horses ??

Dubz

Yep. Plus Citizen Smith, Just Good Friends and others.

One of the great comedies while I was growing up, everytime I see Robert Lindsay (even in serious roles) all I can think of is "That's Wolfie"

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 02 Jan, 2012 9:18 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

One of the great comedies while I was growing up, everytime I see Robert Lindsay (even in serious roles) all I can think of is "That's Wolfie"

Dubz

I've never really seen Citizen Smith - it's not a show that gets repeated.

Another one:

Elisabeth Sladen (actress - Dr Who ...)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:49 AM