Travis

New Coldplay Album
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:48 AM Quote
I think it is an unspoken (and sometimes spoken!) rule that we aren't supposed to talk about Coldplay, but the new alnum came out today, so Im talking about it! Also please note that I call it "the new Coldplay album" because I can never remember its name.
So, early thoughts...
-I like it more than I thought I would
-First half is stronger than the 2nd
-the artwork is steller
-Don't Let This Break Your Heart made me drive 40km over the speedlimit

Maybe I like the first half because i have heard more of it...the singles are all from it and I saw some live stuff a few weeks ago, but I like it more. I may re-evaluate when Ive heard it a few more times.

Re: New Coldplay Album
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 12:24 PM Quote
I'm not sure about the production, but the album is a grower. Not the best Coldplay album, but still enjoyable at some points. Charlie Brown is great and Don't Let It Break Your Heart is growing to become one of my favourite Coldplay songs. It also contains Coldplays worst song ever, Princess of China, but I guess I can live with that.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 3:13 PM Quote
Bah Alex I like Princess Of China :-P

I agree though that it's good but not their best work to date.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 3:25 PM Quote
Hey, it's Swede Boy! How are Swedish things?

There are songs that I didn't like last night that I already like better on my drive in to work. Def a grower.

Us Against the World is a good'n.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 10:21 PM Quote
I've only heard 2 songs which I don't like but maybe they'll grow on me. I also think this album wins an award for the most pretentious title in the history of music.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 31 Oct, 2011 11:56 AM Quote
I think it's one of their weakest, although Coldplay being Coldplay, that doesn't mean it's bad. Certainly some good tracks on it. Love Paradise, Charlie Brown is good, and Princess of China is actually another of my favs. I think Rihanna outdoes Chris on the vocals on that to be honest.

Both critic and user score is the lowest for Mylo Xyloto on Metacritic.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 02 Nov, 2011 9:22 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I think it's one of their weakest, although Coldplay being Coldplay, that doesn't mean it's bad. Certainly some good tracks on it. Love Paradise, Charlie Brown is good, and Princess of China is actually another of my favs. I think Rihanna outdoes Chris on the vocals on that to be honest.
/coldplay]Metacritic[/url].

I agree. I like it but I don't think it's as strong as their other albums. It's growing on me.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 11 Dec, 2011 2:22 PM Quote
It's very much a live album. Wasn't dying about all of it before I saw them playing it in Glasgow last week. Charlie Brown is pogo-tastic (which I didn't expect) and Major Minus is just mental live. Then they do a typical Coldplay and play Up In Flames to almost complete silence in a room full of 10,000 people. It was fantastic. Closing with Every Teardrop was awesome too.

If you get the chance, go and see them on this album. I've seen them on every tour so far and this is THE tour to see them on...

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 10:18 AM Quote
Based on what you wrote Paul, I just bought tickets for the September gig at the Stade de France in Paris. Hope they live up to expectations :-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:41 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Based on what you wrote Paul, I just bought tickets for the September gig at the Stade de France in Paris. Hope they live up to expectations :-)

Im going in July. Yay! (Although not because of Paul_c :P )

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:58 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:

Im going in July. Yay! (Although not because of Paul_c :P )

Haha I'm easily influenced ! Seriously though, I've heard so many good things about this tour, it seemed too good to miss. I went for seats though rather than standing cos it's a HUGE stadium. It's a Xmas present for my husband so I hope he'll be pleased and it also means then we HAVE to go to Paris (I see a little shopping spree coming on hehe)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 4:02 PM Quote
Forced to go to Paris! What a pity :)
I'm 2 sections back from the stage, about 7 rows up. Decided that was better than about 35 rows back on the floor, which was my other option, given that Im a shorty mcshorterson. I've loved every Coldplay show that Ive seen. This should be grand.
does this tour use butterfly confetti AGAIN? They must have bought that stuff in bulk sine they've used it for the last 2

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 23 Dec, 2011 7:22 PM Quote
Sounds like a good idea to be slighty higher up Kristy. Bodi told me they're using the 'glow in the dark' bands which should be fun :-) Don't know about the confetti though.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 24 Dec, 2011 6:32 PM Quote
I love Coldplay. I saw them in October in Madrid (the show that was broadcasted on YouTube) and saw them in Glasgow in December. I'm seeing them again in May in Madrid and in June in London. Can't wait :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 25 Dec, 2011 12:32 AM Quote
I'll be seeing them next April in Seattle. My seats aren't close though. These tickets were kind of spendy.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:49 AM