Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 23 Oct, 2011 12:12 PM Quote
Marco Simoncelli was killed this morning in a freak accident in Moto GP. He was young charismatic ,and from what I seen, quite a good bloke. He's now dead, someone is now missing a son or a brother or even a father. I know people pass away all the time but this one is getting to me and I don't understand why.

RIP "Sideshow Bob" Moto GP won't be the same, hope there are Hondas in heaven.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROPpG6mToG_-z2rEtgeODJniELCjr3RER8duYMrWvKXTdDvFePAgM2WVFhdQ

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Oct, 2011 7:53 PM Quote
RIP Marco. The accident looked horrific - you've gotta feel for the riders who went over him :-/

Also

http://digitaljournal.com/img/5/4/0/6/5/3/i/8/8/6/o/dan_wheldon.jpg
Dan Wheldon

Two tragedies in a week in motor sport.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 23 Oct, 2011 10:28 PM Quote
Horrible couple of tradgedies Kirsty, I'm not supersticious but I can't help thinking about the whole "It always comes in threes" chesnut.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 9:48 AM Quote
Just want to say I'm thinking of all of you in Turkey. Sad news. Hope you're OK guys.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:16 AM Quote
I'll second what Deebee said.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 7:59 PM Quote
Really shattered after another 4 day boozing seesion, returned to work today to a long stressful day, although I was acknowledged at the end so...

Could murder a couple of cans while watching the fitba but to be honest I can't be arsed, so I'm gonna chill with some Mi Wadi and might have an early night.

Thinking of having a wee blow out this weekend before giving it up for the whole of November.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 10:22 PM Quote
Each time I think "well at least it can't get any worse", it freaking gets worse.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 11:33 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Each time I think "well at least it can't get any worse", it freaking gets worse.

what happened, friend??? :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 26 Oct, 2011 1:26 PM Quote
I want to do something today. I don't know what yet.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 26 Oct, 2011 7:41 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I don't like that. What happened?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 26 Oct, 2011 9:11 PM Quote
I will tell you guys tomorrow when I know more, now I'm too stressed out to even think about it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 Oct, 2011 9:37 PM Quote
:(

But look, it is Ryan Gosling drinking a milkshake (I've decided for him what is in his cup). :)

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24100000/Ryan-Gosling-ryan-gosling-24165534-300-300.jpg

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 27 Oct, 2011 10:13 AM Quote
Aint been on here a while and seen the Marco tributes above, today his family and friends bury their son and my heart goes out to them. Here is something I wrote on another site the other night......

So, so sad. I am devastated by the loss and had many a tear shed reading tributes and blogs from the paddock media.

I am heartbroken for Marco's family.

I feel for the whole Moto GP family, The riders, teams, media and fans. I feel for the riders that held a grudge against Marco in recent times because of his riding style and refused to shake his hand or acknowledge him and now they'll never get the chance to say sorry or get that chance ever again.

For Colin and especially Vale the devastation they must be going through is heartbreaking.

Usually when I hear of sporting tragedies I accept them as part of the sport, I cried my eyes out when we lost Senna and over the past few days my tears have come back for Marco.

The sport has lost a bright star and fantastic talented, funny and charismatic young man.

He once gave a quote when asked if he was afraid of dying in an accident, he replied.

"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life."

I'll miss seeing his silly afro hair and nose plaster but most of all I'll miss him doing what he did best, racing his heart out.

Ciao SuperSic

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 27 Oct, 2011 7:56 PM Quote
I'm thinking about growing a moustache for Movember. Any of the guys on here done it before?. If three or four of us were to do it we could a TMB team.

www.movember.com

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 28 Oct, 2011 7:24 PM Quote
LOL, Kristy! And yes, it always helps.
So my stressful situation was a potentially serious health scare in a very close family but thankfully it's all okay!

Oh, and I even have a job interview on Monday!

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:02 AM