Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 3:12 PM Quote
Thanks for the support, everyone!!!! :)

They gave me a portable longterm-ECG monitor yesterday for a 24-hour-ECG, then today they did another ECG and an exercise-ECG and a cardiac echo - and everything is FINE!! my heart is perfectly healthy and I'm soooo relieved!!!!

my GP had heard some kind of irregularity in my heart rhythm (which is what got him - and ME - worried), but the results of the longterm-ECG were completely normal and the cardiologist is convinced that it was "just a normal type" of fainting. The trigger was probably a combination of low blood pressure, stress/worrying AND the fact that I don't exercise. I also learned that fainting is a self-healing trick of the body. Which makes sense. I just hadn't thought about it before...

Luke: I hadn't used the toilet right before it happened, but it was probably the same type of fainting anyway. There seems to be a whole list of triggers...

Anyway, I'm so glad I had it checked! Sitting in the waiting room made me feel VERY young, too. All the other patients were WAY over 60!

Going back to my GP on Monday to see what the blood tests say (maybe I need to change my diet, just to make sure) and I really have to exercise ("endurance sport" would be best, naturally. I hate running outside, so I'll have to join a gym again.)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 3:48 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

To answer your question: yup, I've been looking for any job.

It was just that the other day i was in the job center and i was surprised that some people were dismissing jobs because they didn't want to do them. I appreciate that we would all like to be happy doing our jobs but it's not really the point. I hope you get a bit of luck soon

same here, I've applied for all kinds of jobs. Unfortunately, companies prefer students as interns and for part-time jobs, too. The academy/institute I was working for last year couldn't renew my contract when they found out I'd lost my student-status, because of the insurance system. I even told them they can pay me less than the students (bc they have to pay insurance for me, but not for a student)... it's all very stupid.

Anyway. Last week at the job center, I learned that the people I'd talked to so far were all morons. Including the person who wrote the official brochure for graduates!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 3:52 PM Quote
Glad your ticker is fine, Lily!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 6:01 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
For the 2nd time i have a flight booked to Poland. This time though i fear i will actually have to go.

Where to exactly? Also: what could possibly go wrong? ;P

Glad to hear it, Lily!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 15 Oct, 2011 12:34 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Lukey, that might be more information than I ever needed to know about you! :P

I fainted in my own piss, is that not cool? Rock'n'roll? Oh. I'm not with it and down with the kids these days.

mili
mili Posted Sat 15 Oct, 2011 11:50 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Glad your ticker is fine, Lily!

Me too!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sat 15 Oct, 2011 1:51 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I passed out last night on my way from the bathroom to my bed. my mother found me on the floor, apparently I was unconscious for one or two minutes. of course I'd fallen right on my face, so now I basically look like I have a violent boyfriend...
so, this morning I went to the doctor's, who immediately made an appointment at a cardiologist's for me, which is where I'm going tomorrow morning to have my heart tested.
I can deal with unemployment and money problems, but this is seriously freaking me out right now...

Glad everything turned out ok for you, it's a scary process :-/

My GP must really be shit. It took me 12 years of fainting a few times a year to convince him to check my heart! I refrained from saying 'i told you so' to him when an ECG and Echo picked up three heart conditions.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sat 15 Oct, 2011 1:53 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

I fainted in my own piss, is that not cool? Rock'n'roll? Oh. I'm not with it and down with the kids these days.

I just laughed so much it hurts :-D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 7:56 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Tramps faint in their own piss

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 3:13 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
monkey wrote:
For the 2nd time i have a flight booked to Poland. This time though i fear i will actually have to go.

Where to exactly? Also: what could possibly go wrong? ;P

my understanding is that we are going to Gdansk for a night, then Szczecin and then to Poznan to see her family. She's then going back to Szczecin for a few days because of school, which leaves me stuck with her non english speaking parents and brother. It's got disaster and awkward written all over it!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 3:18 PM Quote
Ohh, Gdansk is really great! Whoa, can't imagine being stuck for a few days with people I can't communicate with! Good luck!!

mili
mili Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 3:29 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Ohh, Gdansk is really great! Whoa, can't imagine being stuck for a few days with people I can't communicate with! Good luck!!

I visited Gdansk years ago, such a beautiful city! I share your worry about being stuck with people you can't communicate with.

Best of luck, Andrew!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 3:56 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Tramps faint in their own piss

Dubz

Precisely. SEE. Dubz gets it. It's cool.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 4:14 PM Quote
my Italian host family (back in the 90's) couldn't speak a word of English or German and my Italian was really very basic, but they talked to me anyway (well, they're Italians!;D) and it was alright, thanks to all the props they used, and also, I guess, because I ate and smiled a lot *lol*... but then, one day, I caught my host father polishing my shoes. Apparently, he'd asked me before. I was embarrassed - he had a laughing fit...

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:53 PM Quote
Thanks for the good luck comments. I'm already shitting myself and having actual nightmares.

Had a bit of a shite day at work on Thu night. I heard a bang at about 4:50am and seen some shite bag running away. I chased the prick but he got away (not as young as i once was) so i went to see what he had done. The fucker had only panned in about 5 windows with a golf club and torched the house. The last thing you need at the end of a night shift is a building you're responsible for burning to the ground ;). Looking back i'm glad the fucker got away, would probably have got stabbed haha

http://i53.tinypic.com/16ifp0y.jpg

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times UTC Current Time 7:58 AM