Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
mili
mili Posted Tue 11 Oct, 2011 6:53 AM Quote
Waiting for a text from the bike shop to tell me I can pick the vehicle up. The back tyre of my bicycle burst on Saturday (so I walked it home with the weekend shopping, 6 km, 1 hour). I took it to the shop yesterday and agreed on a full maintenance for a reduced "winter" price, "mere" 75 euros + parts. I hope they do a good and quick job, I need my wheels.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 6:39 PM Quote
I passed out last night on my way from the bathroom to my bed. my mother found me on the floor, apparently I was unconscious for one or two minutes. of course I'd fallen right on my face, so now I basically look like I have a violent boyfriend...
so, this morning I went to the doctor's, who immediately made an appointment at a cardiologist's for me, which is where I'm going tomorrow morning to have my heart tested.
I can deal with unemployment and money problems, but this is seriously freaking me out right now...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 7:18 PM Quote
Oh no! I really hope it's nothing serious, Lily!! Keep us posted!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 7:35 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I passed out last night on my way from the bathroom to my bed. my mother found me on the floor, apparently I was unconscious for one or two minutes. of course I'd fallen right on my face, so now I basically look like I have a violent boyfriend...
so, this morning I went to the doctor's, who immediately made an appointment at a cardiologist's for me, which is where I'm going tomorrow morning to have my heart tested.
I can deal with unemployment and money problems, but this is seriously freaking me out right now...

Can be anything, try not to worry. Worrying could be the cause or it could be something as simple as dehydration or lack of something in your diet. Still best to get it checked out tho'. Hope it's something simple and you're back to fighting fit soon. Best of Luck.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 8:54 PM Quote
Best wishes at your appointment tomorrow, Lily.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 11:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Best wishes at your appointment tomorrow, Lily.

good luck.

A question for people looking for a job. Are you looking for jobs you want to do, or looking for any job?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:26 AM Quote
Oh dude. I applied in all the coffee chains, random cafes, pubs, restaurants, bars, vintage stores, bookstores, pizza places, boutiques, events agencies. Although I stopped looking for such openings in June/July as it no longer made sense considering that I was already halfway through with my internship and staying here only to serve beer is not enough of a reason for me. I've tried the third sector agencies and typical office/admin agencies. Applied for the charity PA/admin roles (mostly, as that's what I want to do) but also in the commercial sector. Oh, I also tried paid (very rare) internships. Full time jobs, part time jobs, temping, contracts.

To answer your question: yup, I've been looking for any job.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 2:05 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Oh dude. I applied in all the coffee chains, random cafes, pubs, restaurants, bars, vintage stores, bookstores, pizza places, boutiques, events agencies. Although I stopped looking for such openings in June/July as it no longer made sense considering that I was already halfway through with my internship and staying here only to serve beer is not enough of a reason for me. I've tried the third sector agencies and typical office/admin agencies. Applied for the charity PA/admin roles (mostly, as that's what I want to do) but also in the commercial sector. Oh, I also tried paid (very rare) internships. Full time jobs, part time jobs, temping, contracts.

To answer your question: yup, I've been looking for any job.

It was just that the other day i was in the job center and i was surprised that some people were dismissing jobs because they didn't want to do them. I appreciate that we would all like to be happy doing our jobs but it's not really the point. I hope you get a bit of luck soon

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 6:45 AM Quote
Lily, I hope you feel better soon and they can find out what the problem is.

Megg, I still have my fingers crossed for you on your job search. :)

mili
mili Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 7:44 AM Quote
Fingers crossed for happy news both in health and job fronts, girls!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 9:00 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

It was just that the other day i was in the job center and i was surprised that some people were dismissing jobs because they didn't want to do them. I appreciate that we would all like to be happy doing our jobs but it's not really the point. I hope you get a bit of luck soon

Hmm, maybe it's different if people get benefits so they don't have to worry about money so much and can wait for something they really want to do?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 12:50 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

This may seem a weird question, but was this just after going to the toilet after really needing it? Or did you have a hot bath? Because I've experienced fainting after both occasions!

You see, there's this: (the article will be able to explain it better than I can!) http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/micturition-syncope/AN01608 If this was the cause for my fainting it's a bit depressing it's most common in old men though lol. I did need the toilet more than I'd ever needed it before though! >.<

And also, not too long ago, I started getting up to get out of a hot bath and suddenly went really faint and passed out! It was a bit worrying. The doctor said both these cases were very typical in terms of causes for fainting though, and that I am unfortunately probably just susceptible to it (still if it happens again I'm to go back!).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 1:52 AM Quote
Lukey, that might be more information than I ever needed to know about you! :P

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 2:05 AM Quote
hahaha. Didn't the bloke in scrubs suffer from the same problem?

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 2:26 AM Quote
For the 2nd time i have a flight booked to Poland. This time though i fear i will actually have to go.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:10 PM