Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:06 PM Quote
wonder if she was embarrased by " moms old music " ?

mili
mili Posted Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:10 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
wonder if she was embarrased by " moms old music " ?

Definitely! They actually asked me what it was :^D
It was just fun to be for once the one to be asked to turn it down.
I was already sort of cool in the eyes of the boyfriend because my daughter sometimes wears my old Dio t-shirt I bought at a gig in the 80's, perhaps New Order just ruined it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 May, 2012 8:53 AM Quote
I think I need a new liver and kidneys after being in Scotland for a few days...

... fuck me I'm outta practice.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sat 05 May, 2012 10:24 PM Quote
A whole weekend of Snooker - bliss.

Shame the BBC mess about with it though. Started watching a session on BBC2, saw four frames and then it disappeared onto the red button to be replaced by some antiques crap that surely could've waited.

Anyway, I'm on Team Carter!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 08 May, 2012 2:31 AM Quote
i bought this yesterday! isn't she amazing? meet Clementine

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/523892_10100225914867806_121503582_46146502_1526411673_n.jpg

mili
mili Posted Tue 08 May, 2012 6:54 AM Quote
Wow, Clementine looks awesome! Is she a genuine vintage bike?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 08 May, 2012 12:44 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Wow, Clementine looks awesome! Is she a genuine vintage bike?

Yup. I got her at an antique market. Probably needs new tires, but ain't she a beaut? I need a bell. *ring ring*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 May, 2012 2:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Yup. I got her at an antique market. Probably needs new tires, but ain't she a beaut? I need a bell. *ring ring*

BAD ASSS sissy bar.... maybe extend the front forks ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 08 May, 2012 3:43 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

BAD ASSS sissy bar.... maybe extend the front forks ?

sissy bar? Is that the thing at the back? What is a front fork? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 09 May, 2012 1:39 AM Quote
Does anyone want my dog?

mili
mili Posted Wed 09 May, 2012 10:40 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Does anyone want my dog?

Why do you want to give it up?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 12 May, 2012 4:34 PM Quote
I know it will sound super lame but I think I've just hit stage 5 of my London-failure-related grieving process. There was denial ("miracle will surely happen and someone will hire me at the very last minute!"), anger ("it's so unfair! stupid economy! stupid employers! ahhhhhh!"), bargaining ("okay, so maybe I'll find something in another British city? Or another internship?"), depression ("my life is over, nothing good will ever happen again, just let me sleep for the rest of my days") and now, finally!, I feel happy I could be there, see all those places, go to all those gigs etc. and also ready to let go, move on and accept the fact it wasn't for me, at least at that point of my life. Phew.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 May, 2012 11:34 PM Quote
I took ownership of my mom's old bike today and shined it up. It has an old black bag attached to the handle bars and a letter rack on the back for taking mail to the mail box. I've never seen another one of those. I remember riding around the neighborhood in a baby seat on that bike. Inside the bag I found a 1969 $1 bill and some change from 1970.

mili
mili Posted Sun 13 May, 2012 11:00 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I know it will sound super lame but I think I've just hit stage 5 of my London-failure-related grieving process. There was denial ("miracle will surely happen and someone will hire me at the very last minute!"), anger ("it's so unfair! stupid economy! stupid employers! ahhhhhh!"), bargaining ("okay, so maybe I'll find something in another British city? Or another internship?"), depression ("my life is over, nothing good will ever happen again, just let me sleep for the rest of my days") and now, finally!, I feel happy I could be there, see all those places, go to all those gigs etc. and also ready to let go, move on and accept the fact it wasn't for me, at least at that point of my life. Phew.

Good for you!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 13 May, 2012 3:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I took ownership of my mom's old bike today and shined it up. It has an old black bag attached to the handle bars and a letter rack on the back for taking mail to the mail box. I've never seen another one of those. I remember riding around the neighborhood in a baby seat on that bike. Inside the bag I found a 1969 $1 bill and some change from 1970.

That is so cool! I love vintage bikes.

Speaking of vintage and moms, mine constantly says things like "Oh I used to have a pleated/plaid/lace dress/skirt/blouse with a collar/purse/earrings like that in the '70s!" - usually while pointing to a picture of something amazing in Elle magazine. I then get excited and she adds "...but I threw it away because it wasn't in fashion anymore." Awww mom.

Pages Previous 1...29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:40 PM