Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 12:36 PM Quote
I've just written a cover letter for a position with a language travel organisation. I'm basically the perfect match (everything they're asking for in their ad: check!). Which means that I'll get an immediate "we're sorry but blahblahyaddablah" response... oh well.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 1:34 PM Quote
I know it's hard but try to be optimistic! Maybe it's the one? Fingers crossed!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 4:21 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Indian summer here too so I decided to go out walking. It was lovely to see and appreciate the place I live in - don't do it often enough.
Sandy, thanks for the encouragement. How are thngs with you? Coming up to that special time of year for you, how time flies.

Hi Debbie! Sorry, I didn't see this before. I'm well. Thanks for asking. Yes, coming up on two years at the end of this month. Time really does fly!

So, what brought on your motivation to change your eating habits and the excercising? I think I need some motivation myself ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 5:08 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
deebee wrote:
Indian summer here too so I decided to go out walking. It was lovely to see and appreciate the place I live in - don't do it often enough.
Sandy, thanks for the encouragement. How are thngs with you? Coming up to that special time of year for you, how time flies.

Hi Debbie! Sorry, I didn't see this before. I'm well. Thanks for asking. Yes, coming up on two years at the end of this month. Time really does fly!

So, what brought on your motivation to change your eating habits and the excercising? I think I need some motivation myself ;)

To be honest it started because we didn't really have much choice! My eldest son suffers from quite bad excema and none of the DRs could work out where it came from. Eventually an osteopath concluded that it was from his diet so we cut out all the cr@p and started eating healthily. We still have the things we love but most of what we eat is now homemade rather than industrially produced - simple as that :)
His excema has now gone, we've all lost weight and he's a lot less irritable in general.
As far as the excercise goes, it's a vicious circle. The more you do, the more you want to do (and vice versa unforunately) but I've finally found something I enjoy which makes all the difference. I'm sure once you get going again, you'll be fine - it's just getting started which is hard. Good luck.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 7:37 PM Quote
So it's a 'no' from the third job. Looks like I'm booking a flight home. To live with my mother in the place I hate. Someone shoot me now.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 7:56 PM Quote
Debbie, that's great. I can't believe his excema is gone. I have a nephew with bad excema--maybe I'll tell his parents about your new diet system.
I need to try it too--that and start working out again. I used to all the time. I know what you mean, the more you do it, the more into it you get. My problem is just getting started. Or, well, I'll start, but I never follow through.

Megg, I'm so sorry about that! I hope you find something soon.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 8:06 PM Quote
Seriously fucked off with the world.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 12:46 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I fuckin concurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 4:42 AM Quote
Sorry Megg :(

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 10:44 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

and me. either of you fucked off at anything in particular?

sorry to hear it Megg

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 1:11 PM Quote
nooo, no no no no no!!! I MUST (must!) be the only one who still lives with her mother, a year after graduation!! You hearing me?! I mean, at least I love the place I'm living in, and my mother's great and all that.

I know this is a stupid question, but is London the only place you'd rather be than "home"? And would the situation be better in Poland?? Well apart from the tiiiiiny detail that you wouldn't have to pay rent at your mother's, I guess... hrmph...
I'm just saying...the official unemployment rate in Bavaria as low as 3,4% at the moment, and here I am, with my degree, still unemployed.

Speaking of unemployment: I am off to the job center now... they sent me an "invitation", so I have to show up.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 1:56 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
nooo, no no no no no!!! I MUST (must!) be the only one who still lives with her mother, a year after graduation!! You hearing me?! I mean, at least I love the place I'm living in, and my mother's great and all that.

I know this is a stupid question, but is London the only place you'd rather be than "home"? And would the situation be better in Poland?? Well apart from the tiiiiiny detail that you wouldn't have to pay rent at your mother's, I guess... hrmph...
I'm just saying...the official unemployment rate in Bavaria as low as 3,4% at the moment, and here I am, with my degree, still unemployed.

Speaking of unemployment: I am off to the job center now... they sent me an "invitation", so I have to show up.

Situation definitely isn't any better in Poland - it's almost impossible to find a decent job (not to mention the sector I really want to work in almost doesn't exist). My friends are unemployed (after 1.5 year of searching - and some of them have 2 degrees and speak 5 languages), are in the middle of a 3rd unpaid internship or have jobs they hate which they got only because they knew someone.

I would definitely consider somewhere else (like Denmark again as I loved it there) but I have a close friend in Copenhagen who got kicked out after her 1 year long internship, is unemployed eversince and plans to move back to Poland around Christmas. Plus you obviously need money to move anywhere and I'm really broke at this point.

As for my hometown, there's nothing really wrong with this place as such (or my mother, for the record), I just have always wanted out for some reason. You know, it's one of those towns where everyone works for the same factory, everyone is a white catholic and there's only one socially acceptable scenario to live your life: you graduate. you get married in a church. you get a poorly paid job at the aircraft plant. you take a horrendous bank loan and buy a 2-bedroom flat. you have kids. the end. I feel like suffocating there. And, you know, who wants to live with their parents when they reach 25? But it seems there's not much choice unless a miracle happens during the next few weeks.

Good luck, Lily!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 3:21 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

and me. either of you fucked off at anything in particular?

sorry to hear it Megg

Yup, and it's starting to affect other stuff, if my boss had said one wrong word to me this morning I was putting my jacket on and never coming back. I just wanna crawl inside a bottle and forget about everything, or just crawl up in a ball and go to sleep for a very long time.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 4:12 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

As for my hometown, there's nothing really wrong with this place as such (or my mother, for the record), I just have always wanted out for some reason. You know, it's one of those towns where everyone works for the same factory, everyone is a white catholic and there's only one socially acceptable scenario to live your life: you graduate. you get married in a church. you get a poorly paid job at the aircraft plant. you take a horrendous bank loan and buy a 2-bedroom flat. you have kids. the end. I feel like suffocating there. And, you know, who wants to live with their parents when they reach 25? But it seems there's not much choice unless a miracle happens during the next few weeks.

Good luck, Lily!

Sigh. Age. Tell me about it, I'm turning 29 (twentyNINE) in two weeks!
And I totally get it, I'd probably want "out", too, if my hometown was smaller. I studied at a small town and most of the people who were born in that area moved to a bigger city right after graduation (and way too many of them chose Munich)...

A friend of mine spent 4 years in Ireland, working for several NGOs (event organising, mostly), and she said it was MUCH easier for her to get a job there than it is here (she's been unemployed for 6 months now, ever since she came back)... though I guess she was lucky, because she started with an NGO somewhere at the coast and they recommended her to one in Dublin after the project was done - and so on. Connections.

Good luck to you, too!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
The Irish market has stagnated, everyone who has a job is holding on to it, anyone who doesn't is finding it tough. I might even go back to Scotland as there is fuck all here for me now.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:09 AM