Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 25 Jan, 2012 6:35 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

people are weird. i'm done with trying to work them out ...

People are indeed Strange

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 11:52 AM Quote
Happy to be working at home today! There's a snow chaos outside, and it's cold, - 16 °C. Drivers have been advised to leave their cars to their work places and to find alternative methods for the homeward journey. There's a small problem though, public transport is in trouble, too…

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 12:29 PM Quote
I am up to my tits in it today, our department has been reduced to 3 and out of the 3 the boss is on holiday and the other guy is rostered off as he's covering tomorrow. I'm basically running the maintenance department and keeping the hotel going by myself.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 04 Feb, 2012 6:44 PM Quote
I just saw this on facebook, thought I'd share the joy ;D

"A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb:

http://www.shitwecomeupwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/396677_10150721326843626_752038625_11987519_1240085155_n.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 04 Feb, 2012 8:31 PM Quote
Amazing. 6 and 26 are my favs

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 2:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I am up to my tits in it today, our department has been reduced to 3 and out of the 3 the boss is on holiday and the other guy is rostered off as he's covering tomorrow. I'm basically running the maintenance department and keeping the hotel going by myself.

Dubz

I always liked days when I was at work by myself. Yes, there was a lot to do, but it was nice not to be bothered by other people.
At least it shows they trust you.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 3:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I always liked days when I was at work by myself. Yes, there was a lot to do, but it was nice not to be bothered by other people.
At least it shows they trust you.

Thanks Kayte,

I must admit when I wasn't responsible for basically, well, everything it was a great feeling being in work myself, I used to quite enjoy being able to get on with stuff without people annoying me. However because I'm Maintenance basically everything in every department lands on our desk at some point.

It has been noted that I was called back so that my boss could use some of his holidays acrued, a more sceptical person might wonder at the timing between me returning and the begining of the 6 nations Rugby tournament and the fact that my boss is a huge egg-chasing fan...

But that aside it IS good to know that I can be trusted to run the place in my bosses absence. Who knows maybe one day I'll be asked to do his job, (He's already stated he's not in it for the long haul)

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 9:13 PM Quote
Oh well, my no. 2 won the presidential election (not surprisingly). I would've loved him to win 6 years ago, but it's new era and new people and i'm sort of off him, but we could've done worse.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 9:21 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Oh well, my no. 2 won the presidential election (not surprisingly). I would've loved him to win 6 years ago, but it's new era and new people and i'm sort of off him, but we could've done worse.

I don't know how it is in Suomi, but I'm glad that you seem to have the choice of a good guy or a slightly less good guy (this year at least) I hate the fact that UK (and American, from what I read) are basically stuck between two opposing powers, a relationship that is hugely preyed on by both, whether they be Conserative or Labour, (or Democrat or Republican), I mean you could vote liberals or Rosanne Barr (greens) but it's never gonna fucking happen.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 9:44 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
mili wrote:

I don't know how it is in Suomi, but I'm glad that you seem to have the choice of a good guy or a slightly less good guy (this year at least) I hate the fact that UK (and American, from what I read) are basically stuck between two opposing powers, a relationship that is hugely preyed on by both, whether they be Conserative or Labour, (or Democrat or Republican), I mean you could vote liberals or Rosanne Barr (greens) but it's never gonna fucking happen.

Dubz

We had a choice between a conservative long time public favorite with a wife younger than his kids and a green candidate living in a registered relationship with his Equadorian hairdresser husband (both men). The latter has been very active with the Darfur peace negotiations, the former more into economics. The big news is that for the first time since about 1981 we have something else than a social democratic president.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 06 Feb, 2012 3:11 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
mili wrote:

Dubz

We had a choice between a conservative long time public favorite with a wife younger than his kids and a green candidate living in a registered relationship with his Equadorian hairdresser husband (both men). The latter has been very active with the Darfur peace negotiations, the former more into economics. The big news is that for the first time since about 1981 we have something else than a social democratic president.

Nice, hope it works out well.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sun 19 Feb, 2012 8:53 PM Quote
We're drowning in snow. So happy we don't live in a detached house or don't own a car parked at the street…

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 20 Feb, 2012 9:07 PM Quote
Here's a conondrum...

I saw an email today that I shouldn't have, it was on my boss's computer (we share the same computer, have to log in/out under different profiles). It basically was from the HR head who stated that "You have once again failed to submit timesheets for your department on time. Payroll is now closed, please explain to Steven why he will not be getting paid"

As I am paid fortnightly I have a couple of issues with this...

There is a fucking fingerprint timeclock that I use.

My boss has been on holiday/out sick for the past two weeks and only officially returned today.

It wasn't my boss who called me in at 11:00am last Sunday morning to open a safe (a job that took five minutes but I wasted 2 hours travelling), It also wasn't my boss phoning me and calling me in at 5:30am this Saturday because the hotel had no power (where I duly went in and sorted it out and didn't finish my shift until my normal time).

I submited a roster the other week, where I was working 6 days but took the day in Lieu the following week, I was told "no", However when the other team member fell ill I was immediatley asked to ork 6 days in one week and then told I could have a day in Lieu the following week.

I am constantly starting 30mins early and finishing an hour late, I am on a "Casual" contract that says I get paid by the hour but have never recieved more than 39hours per week.

The whole problem is I'm not supposed to have seen the original email. I did my boss (admittedly as a mate) a wee favour tonight in picking him up some tickets for Ireland vs Italy on Saturday, I went out of my way to do so, without so much as "here, there's an extra tenner there get yourself a pint or two". When is he actually gonna "crack a light" and tell me there will be no money in your account on Friday.

You will have to excuse me but I am fucking spitting mad about this, My rent is due on Friday as well as other bills, and not being selfish but Saint Mirren are on the telly which doesn't happen often and I'd like to have a few beers watching it!!

I'm usually quite calm about these things and will work around them but if I don't have my wages in my account on Friday, (comment removed just in case anything does actually happen to the place on Friday... To paraphrase Shaggy...It wasnae me

Dubz

eta: and I've still not been paid for digging them out of a hole at Christmas...

...Rant Over

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 21 Feb, 2012 3:03 AM Quote
I think the right thing to do would be for your boss to pay out of his pocket what you are owed (since its his fault in the first place), and to have him tell you it won't happen again. Do you think its even remotely possible that could happen?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Feb, 2012 3:13 PM Quote
I think you'll get your money one way or the other. I wouldn't think that just because payroll has been done that they can't possibly cut you a check or pay you out of petty cash or something. They really can't punish you because your boss didn't get the numbers in.
But you can't bring it up until he does.

Pages Previous 1...21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:50 PM