ricv64 wrote:
for some reason, I have you'll never walk alone goin through my head

otra vez

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 12 Jan, 2012 4:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Update: the conversation with the priest of course focused on my unemployment and then he asked "But...you do have a boyfriend, right?". Way to make me feel worse than usual, thankyouverymuch. Ugh.

Yeah, advice from a man who doesn't know what a relationship or a job actually entails. Fuck him. You be who you wanna be.

Dubz

I know! I felt the urge to respond with "No. Do you?" lol

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 12 Jan, 2012 4:32 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Update: the conversation with the priest of course focused on my unemployment and then he asked "But...you do have a boyfriend, right?". Way to make me feel worse than usual, thankyouverymuch. Ugh.

Yeah, advice from a man who doesn't know what a relationship or a job actually entails. Fuck him. You be who you wanna be.

Dubz

I know! I felt the urge to respond with "No. Do you?" lol

bahahahah.

Tell him you have an education, friends who love you, adventures under your belt, a killer music and fashion sense, are well read, well traveled, cultured and have questionable taste in tv shows :)

I mean, he probably likes The Killers

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 13 Jan, 2012 2:26 PM Quote
My questionable taste in tv shows is one of the favourite characteristics about myself.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 13 Jan, 2012 3:12 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
My questionable taste in tv shows is one of the favourite characteristics about myself.

me too! She says as she goes to fb to reply to your msg about a bad teen drama

mili
mili Posted Fri 13 Jan, 2012 3:17 PM Quote
Had my eyes checked by the order of the police (age + driving license), and found out nothing has changed in the 15 years I've had may latest glasses. Also, the optician said they're trendy again and the lenses are in ok condition. Woo-hoo!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 15 Jan, 2012 5:01 PM Quote

I'm off to my staff Christmas party tonight, for a company I no longer work for, still it's a free bar, mind you it's still gonna cost me as It's in Dun Laoghaire and I've had to book a room.

Dubz

p.s. Last post on here was Friday afternoon, has the board now got weekends off ??

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 15 Jan, 2012 9:29 PM Quote
so you never did hear about them hiring you on? bummer.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 16 Jan, 2012 10:39 PM Quote

It was absolutely freeeekin' freeezin' today.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 17 Jan, 2012 10:14 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Nope, was hoping someone would mention something on Sunday night but...

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Tue 17 Jan, 2012 4:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Nope, was hoping someone would mention something on Sunday night but...

Dubz

Daaaamn, so sorry to hear that!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 19 Jan, 2012 5:53 PM Quote
Just received a phone call, I was gonna ask for €27k and I would have settled for €25k, I've been offered €23 and get this "They wanna move really fast on this". I'll be breaking even and it's up for review after my probabtionary period (6 months usually). Of course they'll tell me there are no funds in 6 months time but... a job is a job I suppose.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 19 Jan, 2012 6:19 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Just received a phone call, I was gonna ask for €27k and I would have settled for €25k, I've been offered €23 and get this "They wanna move really fast on this". I'll be breaking even and it's up for review after my probabtionary period (6 months usually). Of course they'll tell me there are no funds in 6 months time but... a job is a job I suppose.

Dubz

Glad you hear you got the call, even though they didn't show you the money. At least it's steady employment.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 19 Jan, 2012 6:42 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

congrats Dubz. Not ideal, but better than unemployment.

I'm wrapping up 30 days of sugar and wheat free.
I think on the weekend I'm going to get a month hot yoga pass. I'm going to be so effing healthy. You know, except for all the cake I'm bound to eat.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 19 Jan, 2012 7:03 PM Quote
Interview tomorrow, start Monday.

Not exactly over the moon about it but...

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:34 AM