Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 4:54 PM Quote
I think that's deliberate by the manufacturers, I remember watching Tomorrow's World when CDs were in development, they spread Jam on one and then put it in a player and played it to demonstrate how durable they were, they also said that the technology was there to put 11 albums on one CD.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 6:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
[
Seriously, having all your music in one teeny tiny little device is just so miraculous that it outweighs any sound quality issue for me. It's not like I'll have the best of anything sound-wise, turn table, cassette, or CD, so the convenience of an iPod makes it the winner in my book.

I love having an ipod/iphone for convenience when at work or walking or travel or driving, but I love putting on a record or cd. It makes it more...experience-y. One doesnt eliminate the need for the other in my books. And since my turntable has an ipod hookup, it will also act as an external speaker for digital music. Plus it has a Cd player AND cassette, just for you, KT.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 10:00 PM Quote
vinyl smells better ...the joy of busting out an album and going over the album cover >ipod with it's un equal levels and bauhaus design

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 10:31 PM Quote
No sleeve notes on an Ipod.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 11:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Not to mention proper cover art!

I got a Canadian version (that was the excuse for the cheaper prices in that one record shop) of a Doors vinyl album for Christmas once, it had no lyrics printed, just the basic covers, such a disappointment!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 08 Jan, 2012 1:07 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Not to mention proper cover art!

I got a Canadian version (that was the excuse for the cheaper prices in that one record shop) of a Doors vinyl album for Christmas once, it had no lyrics printed, just the basic covers, such a disappointment!

my country appologized.

I broke open the vinyl of THe Boy With No Name today and sighed a giant cover art sigh. Also, I LOVE liner notes. One of my goals in life is to be thanked in liner notes.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 08 Jan, 2012 4:42 PM Quote
for some reason, I have you'll never walk alone goin through my head

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 09 Jan, 2012 12:23 PM Quote
I'm Bored, I'm the Chairman of the Bored.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:16 PM Quote
Wake me up when it's March.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:23 PM Quote
Have I ever mentioned the worst Polish - catholic custom of all freaking time? No? Annual priest visit. I AM NOT JOKING. It's basically the worst day of the whole year. You guys should see how's my family acting today in anticipation of this profound happening which is basically a random priest dude coming to your house for 5 minutes so you will give him money for nothing. Puke.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:29 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Have I ever mentioned the worst Polish - catholic custom of all freaking time? No? Annual priest visit. I AM NOT JOKING. It's basically the worst day of the whole year. You guys should see how's my family acting today in anticipation of this profound happening which is basically a random priest dude coming to your house for 5 minutes so you will give him money for nothing. Puke.

How do the priests make it to all the homes?

I realized today that my cousin's March wedding is in a catholic church. I don't know how to do anything at church, never mind catholic church! There is going to be lots of kneeling and crossing and stuff and me being confused.
ALTHOUGH everyone seems to have received their invite but me. I think this means I shouldn't have to go. There may or may not be an email going back and forth between my mother and I of us both trying to get out of it.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:45 PM Quote
annual. priest. visit.

maaan, sometimes I'm really, REALLY glad to be a non-baptized half-christian-half-muslim kid... all those "We Are The Pope!"-headlines were quite enough for me, thank you very much...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

How do the priests make it to all the homes?

Well it goes on for days AND days.

Oh Lily, how I envy you!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 12 Jan, 2012 1:52 PM Quote
Update: the conversation with the priest of course focused on my unemployment and then he asked "But...you do have a boyfriend, right?". Way to make me feel worse than usual, thankyouverymuch. Ugh.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 12 Jan, 2012 2:37 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Update: the conversation with the priest of course focused on my unemployment and then he asked "But...you do have a boyfriend, right?". Way to make me feel worse than usual, thankyouverymuch. Ugh.

Yeah, advice from a man who doesn't know what a relationship or a job actually entails. Fuck him. You be who you wanna be.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:08 AM