Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
monkey
monkey Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 1:44 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I didn't get (as of now) 2 out of 3 jobs I was interviewed for last week. Also, 30 degrees is way too much for London in almost October! Are you kidding me?!

These jobs weren't for you. You'll get the right job soon. I have total faith in you. Hang in there !!

Dubz

What Dubz said :)

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 2:49 AM Quote
The old nightshift is brutal!. Pro plus for work and nytol for when i get home. It can't be good for the system

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 7:30 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
The old nightshift is brutal!. Pro plus for work and nytol for when i get home. It can't be good for the system

Uppers and downers, you're system must be all over the place can't be doing your mental health any good either. Time for a career change ??

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 8:17 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I didn't get (as of now) 2 out of 3 jobs I was interviewed for last week. Also, 30 degrees is way too much for London in almost October! Are you kidding me?!

These jobs weren't for you. You'll get the right job soon. I have total faith in you. Hang in there !!

Dubz

What Dubz said :)

Indeed!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 12:05 PM Quote
I've been listening to Mogwai's latest EP, Earth Division and... I don't like it. It's boring, un-original and doesn't stand out in any way. It was bugging me for about two days as to what it sounded like, Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack. Their last album was more upbeat even dancey which I liked immediately as you could still tell it was Mogwai, they still had a wall of sound. Earth Division by comparrison to most of their other stuff is well... Shite. I'll probably still buy it tho'.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 2:11 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

No, it can't be good. I hope you're eating real FOOD. And enough of it to sustain a human.

mili
mili Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 3:12 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've been listening to Mogwai's latest EP, Earth Division and... I don't like it. It's boring, un-original and doesn't stand out in any way. It was bugging me for about two days as to what it sounded like, Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack. Their last album was more upbeat even dancey which I liked immediately as you could still tell it was Mogwai, they still had a wall of sound. Earth Division by comparrison to most of their other stuff is well... Shite. I'll probably still buy it tho'.

Dubz

I kind of like it, but it's sort of uneven. Hound of Winter could be a Nits song, which is not a bad thing in my books, but it's not exactly Mogwaiesque as I think of them. The EP doesn't encourage to compulsive listening over and over again, like the best albums do.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 3:18 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I kind of like it, but it's sort of uneven. Hound of Winter could be a Nits song, which is not a bad thing in my books, but it's not exactly Mogwaiesque as I think of them. The EP doesn't encourage to compulsive listening over and over again, like the best albums do.

You could be right, it'll probably grow on me but I do like the "Mogwaiesque" comment. the voice of reason as always.

My lights keep flickering I think I could be suffering a power-cut shortly.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 8:43 PM Quote
Thanks a lot guys! Surely hope so :)

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 02 Oct, 2011 1:39 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
monkey wrote:

Uppers and downers, you're system must be all over the place can't be doing your mental health any good either. Time for a career change ??

Dubz

Yea i'm all over the place. Days and nights are all the same. The fact it's dark at the back of 7 really doesn't help either

I'm in the job center when i'm off but there really is nothing though that would give me anything close to cover what i spend in a month.

Kayte, I'm eating better than i was :). 1 meal a day and pot noodles at work. All we get is a kettle haha

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 02 Oct, 2011 2:08 PM Quote
Cleaned the house, cooked loads of food and now drinking wine in the sunshine - the perfect sunday.
Megg, I'm sure something will turn up which is just right for you, hang on in there!
Andrew, Pot noodles are gross. You'd be better off with a decent cup a soup!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Oct, 2011 9:28 PM Quote
I'm awake after sleeping most of the day because I was oot with a good mate of mine last night, kinda remember watching boxing about 4am this morn, kicked oot the early hoose at 2am.

Dubz

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 02 Oct, 2011 9:31 PM Quote
What I did today? Oh all right then, since you asked - I finished off and uploaded my new album. You can download it here: http://www.filedropper.com/allthatisnt

(Or you can have a nosey on here and listen to a few: http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks)

Yes, that's right, I've tainted this thread with my plugging. If you thought this was a safe haven from spammed advertising, think again! ;D

mili
mili Posted Sun 02 Oct, 2011 10:09 PM Quote
I found myself in the same shopping centre (mall?) for the fourth time in a row today. Each day I cycled there (12 km/day) for different reasons. The other days it was groceries/shopping, but today meeting friends for a chat and a cup of tea. The said shopping centre is half way between my and their homes, we all came by bike.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Oct, 2011 6:48 AM Quote
I'm in a fucking heap and it's already Monday Morning I gotta go to work.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:06 AM