Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 01 Jan, 2012 2:43 AM Quote
Awww, congrats "auntie" Megg :)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 01 Jan, 2012 11:49 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
People. As my fb status is saying right now, 2012 will be the year of 'ciocia Gosia' which means 'aunt Gosia'. Out of 3 of my best Poland-based friends, 3 are officially pregnant (fresh news!). This means this year (at least) 3 people will be born, all of them to the best parents I can possibly imagine. I simply can't wait to meet them, spoil them, love them and be called 'ciocia' by them. So much love I feel like squeeking! eeeeeekk

aaww, congrats! :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 01 Jan, 2012 8:30 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
People. As my fb status is saying right now, 2012 will be the year of 'ciocia Gosia' which means 'aunt Gosia'. Out of 3 of my best Poland-based friends, 3 are officially pregnant (fresh news!). This means this year (at least) 3 people will be born, all of them to the best parents I can possibly imagine. I simply can't wait to meet them, spoil them, love them and be called 'ciocia' by them. So much love I feel like squeeking! eeeeeekk

SO MANY OUTFITS

I just did the polar bear dip for the first time ever! Jumped in Lake Ontario! It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I am happy to be back in dry clothes and soon to have tea in hand! 700 dippers and $130,000 raised for World Vision to bring clean water to Tanzania!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 02 Jan, 2012 5:33 PM Quote
I've been out on the Razz since about 3:00 on New Year's Eve. Spent most of today recovering and lying around on the couch. Since I'm back in work tomorrow I pretty much have the same plans for the rest of the evening.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 02 Jan, 2012 11:30 PM Quote
We got a new TV yesterday! Ours was close to 20 years old. Wow, it's so big and clear! We got a good deal because it was not in a box at the store. Funny, it was about the same price as the one we got when we were first married, so TVs have really come down in price.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 12:49 PM Quote
I'm not eating sugar or wheat for the rest of January. If I post here, I am accountable. zaaaa.
First day back to work. it is -22 out. All of these facts combined are not making getting out of bed fun. Good thing I'm still allowed caffiene

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 1:28 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I'm not eating sugar or wheat for the rest of January. If I post here, I am accountable. zaaaa.
First day back to work. it is -22 out. All of these facts combined are not making getting out of bed fun. Good thing I'm still allowed caffiene

I wish you would give up caffiene just so I could watch your posts get more insane and bitter.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 3:10 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I wish you would give up caffiene just so I could watch your posts get more insane and bitter.

Haha, they are insane and bitter with sugar, wheat and caffeine. Can you even imagine?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 3:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
So, Dubz, did they make any decision yet on budgeting a position for you?

Not yet, but thanks for asking. I reckon I'm out the door as they have started two new guys on "free labour". Two off-cuff mentions of me leaving in January by my manager, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but I reckon he's already been told I'm gone but is refusing to tell me as he's afraid I'll tell him to stick it up his arse he can work his own fucking Christmas. There may be a shred of truth to that, which I wouldn't have a problem with if he wasn't always acting like my best mate.

Dubz

Latest twist: One of the guys I work with was 4 hours late over the Xmas period and has been sacked, Also in developing news one of the "Work Placement" new guys hasn't been seen near work since the 27th.

The Thought Plickens....

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 4:37 PM Quote
Hopefully they'll realise what a gem you are Dubz and offer you a higher paid position

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 6:45 PM Quote
so, thanks to my new employment counselor, the jobcenter is now willing to pay a LOT of money for a 6-months course in Online-Journalism for me. Erm... what?! I mean I would still apply for jobs and kinda hope I won't have to finish the course (bc that would mean I found a job), BUT I'd have sth to write in my CV! :) (BTW I have no idea why the guy chose online-journalism for me, but hey, it can't hurt to know how to write stuff!)

Anyway.
I made appointments with some schools and two of them want me to do an "interview" (like, they ask ME questions) and evaluate my CV before they decide if they want the job center's money. Erm... right. this is not how these things usually work with further training here.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 7:07 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
so, thanks to my new employment counselor, the jobcenter is now willing to pay a LOT of money for a 6-months course in Online-Journalism for me. Erm... what?! I mean I would still apply for jobs and kinda hope I won't have to finish the course (bc that would mean I found a job), BUT I'd have sth to write in my CV! :) (BTW I have no idea why the guy chose online-journalism for me, but hey, it can't hurt to know how to write stuff!)

Anyway.
I made appointments with some schools and two of them want me to do an "interview" (like, they ask ME questions) and evaluate my CV before they decide if they want the job center's money. Erm... right. this is not how these things usually work with further training here.

Has it ever crossed your mind that Germany is a silly silly place?

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 7:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Has it ever crossed your mind that Germany is a silly silly place?

Yes, yes, it has. Numerous times (a day).

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 7:31 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

Anyway.

Could this be a good thing on your behalf? Just thinking that maybe its positive that they do this to ensure you and the job center that its worth the gamble? Other places would grab the cash and not give a flying f**k. Personally I think so much money is wasted by job centers and people being abused in work situations that I kinda like the idea of work environments etc also taking some responsibility. Lots of private workplaces here dont even advertise jobs anymore cos of lack of serious applicants and job centers trying to pawn people off. There needs to be a turn around. But all the best, I'm sure they'll figure out you're a good candidate:0)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 9:07 PM Quote
thanks :) you could be right... this kind of training is only available for people with a degree in a related subject anyway, so I don't get the fuss they're making... unless it's a publicity thing...

Pages Previous 1...15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:08 AM