Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 3:53 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Know the feeling Dubz. I finally asked my boss, (after a year of growing a pair:p) what was the possibility of a raise and I got punished financially? Could he not just have said no like most other places? So now Ive 110 euro less a month. So badly in need something else

So not only did you not get a raise, they deducted your pay?? How can they do that?

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 5:02 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Edel wrote:
Know the feeling Dubz. I finally asked my boss, (after a year of growing a pair:p) what was the possibility of a raise and I got punished financially? Could he not just have said no like most other places? So now Ive 110 euro less a month. So badly in need something else

is that legal?

that cannot be legal!

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 3:20 PM Quote
Sorry for being all drama drama and then disappearing ;0) I guess the man is in his right though. He found a supplement I wasnt entitled to and therefore has deducted it. I just feel like Ive been punished for asking though because he never got back to me and he never spoke to my department boss, which he promised he would. I was employed at the school to work with a group of special needs kids who had been thrown out of other schools because of behavioural problems etc. There was a 'risk supplement?' (sorry about the crap direct danish to english translation)when working with then as they were violent etc. School drops that group and offered me a job in the regular part of the school. I agreed to that until I found something else. So Im employed as a teachers assistant and only part time. Thing is on top of the 23hours I get paid for theres shit loads of meetings. Teachers involve me in write up of kids, ask advice about kids with diagnosis. They ask me to sit in on the more difficult school/home consultations and other meetings. Its all great experience and my colleagues do appreciate me and my dep boss even said I should get more in pay as I have competences others dont have (which is why I thought YESS when big boss said he'd talk to her about it) Basically without wanting to sound like a snotty cow, I feel they have someone who is more than just an extra pair of hands or so to speak:0/ But the top boss acts like the money is coming out of his own pocket. I told him I appreciated him employing me and the experience would really stand to me in the future and under no circumstances was I expecting a psychologists wage. Just more if he could help in any way as Im seriously screwed for money. He knows Im alone with kids and that my wage is less than others receive on welfare, I'm never sick and loyal. Ive also been used as a temp when teachers were sick and they give me nothing extra. It costs them 30 euro an hour to get in temps and they dont even add extra on my wage to make up to that pay which would still save the school money. I love my job and everything but feel like theyre taking the piss and I let myself get walked on. So finally plucked up the courage and Yeh thats why I asked and yous know was the result. So now after bills I have around 300 euro a month and with 3 hungry teenagers thats norra lot and with christmas just around the corner. ANyways sorry guys wasnt more exciting than that:0)

Sandy hope your pregnancy is going ok.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 3:50 PM Quote
Can you talk to your dept boss about it? Even if he doesnt make the decision he might be able to bring it back up with the big boss without directly involving you.

I've decided to do the Polar Bear Dip on New Years Day. If you are not familiar, you run into a freezing cold body of water (in this case, Lake Ontario) for charity. I'M SO SMART.

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 4:28 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Can you talk to your dept boss about it? Even if he doesnt make the decision he might be able to bring it back up with the big boss without directly involving you.

I've decided to do the Polar Bear Dip on New Years Day. If you are not familiar, you run into a freezing cold body of water (in this case, Lake Ontario) for charity. I'M SO SMART.

She knows about it as my pay check was a minus this month (the money I owed back but now I dont have to pay phew) but I broke down in her office as didnt know if I was going to get anything for December. At least I did get money on my account. I guess its up to me to take it with him but chicken shit syndrome strikes again! Id do it for anyone else but when I'm asking on my own behalf I back down. Never feel like I deserve anything. Ah well its the kick in the backside I needed to move on....pity theres no jobs though :0)Theres people going through a lot worse though so I should stop complaining ;0)

You are SO brave doing that Polar Bear Dip :D I'd love to do something like that but would probably have heart failure:)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 4:48 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
She knows about it as my pay check was a minus this month (the money I owed back but now I dont have to pay phew)

THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE YOU PAY IT BACK?? it was their error. SHEESH

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 7:46 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Edel wrote:
She knows about it as my pay check was a minus this month (the money I owed back but now I dont have to pay phew)

THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE YOU PAY IT BACK?? it was their error. SHEESH

I know! I'm glad you don't have to pay it back now. Gosh, that's such a sticky situation. I really hope that they learn soon how much you are worth and can compensate you for that. I'm sorry you're going through all of that.

Well, thank you for asking about me. I'm doing well. Going into my 2nd trimester--finally starting to feel like I'm pregnant!

mili
mili Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 7:47 PM Quote
Finnish Independence day, public holiday, I always bake ginger biscuits on this day. 95 % of the population is glued to their tv screens, eating & drinking, watching the live transmission from the presidential palace, where the 0,5 % of the population + the diplomats are celebrating. It' like the Oscars, all about the dresses… I bet no other country has such a peculiar way of celebrating the national day!

Most of the people are in their track suits or nighties, but some actually get dressed up in their finest and sip champagne, but most of them still watch tv…

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 8:33 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Finnish Independence day, public holiday, I always bake ginger biscuits on this day. 95 % of the population is glued to their tv screens, eating & drinking, watching the live transmission from the presidential palace, where the 0,5 % of the population + the diplomats are celebrating. It' like the Oscars, all about the dresses… I bet no other country has such a peculiar way of celebrating the national day!

Most of the people are in their track suits or nighties, but some actually get dressed up in their finest and sip champagne, but most of them still watch tv…

that is a wee bit silly, but so are all you Finns :) tee hee. Too bad FT werent there to watch with you.
Also, I read that as "baked gingers." As in, high or sunburned redheads. That would be a fun holiday! Oh, like your former prime minister lady and Conan OBrien! Can I run your country's festivities? These are brilliant ideas.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 06 Dec, 2011 11:57 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Where have you been lately, Andrew?

stay away from drink and the internet. That is todays lesson.

Thanks

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 07 Dec, 2011 4:27 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Where have you been lately, Andrew?

I've had a bit of a rough time lately. A good friend of mine died so i just shut myself away from everything for a month or so

On a more happy note im pretty drunk on a bottle od red w9ne and in bed next to the lassy im in love with.s he cant and wont ever know but thats ok cause im pretty wasted haha

life without bevy wouldnt be great!

Sorry to hear about your friend :( Hang in there :)

mili
mili Posted Wed 07 Dec, 2011 11:40 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:

that is a wee bit silly, but so are all you Finns :) tee hee. Too bad FT werent there to watch with you.
Also, I read that as "baked gingers." As in, high or sunburned redheads. That would be a fun holiday! Oh, like your former prime minister lady and Conan OBrien! Can I run your country's festivities? These are brilliant ideas.

Ah, you mean president Tarja Halonen, the Conan double? She just hosted her last party, as she can't run for the third term. Nothing will change, though.
Did you see a picture of the Angry Birds creator's wife's gown…
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/12/wife-of-rovio-executive-dons-formal-angry-birds-gown-at-fancy-finnish-ball.html

Andrew, sorry to hear about your friend.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 07 Dec, 2011 6:09 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Sorry to hear about your friend :( Hang in there :)

Andrew I'm sorry about your friend too. And yes, as Lindsay said, Hang in there! *Hugs*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 07 Dec, 2011 6:41 PM Quote
Happy birthday Meg

http://cdn.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ryan-gosling-pancake_400x400.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 09 Dec, 2011 2:30 PM Quote
that is creepy, Ric.

I just won a prize pack from the CBC (like..Canadian BBC) morning radio show for submitting a photo. Yay!

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Times UTC Current Time 5:39 PM