Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
mili
mili Posted Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:12 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
So, I'm not sure if this counts as today's news, but I am gonna have a baby! Due in June.

Woo-hoo, good to have some great news! Congrats!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 30 Nov, 2011 2:56 AM Quote
Aww, thank you my Travisland friends! You've all been so great!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 01 Dec, 2011 9:15 AM Quote
whoaah, finally some great news on the board! Congratulations!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 01 Dec, 2011 12:44 PM Quote
Everyone start thinking of fun baby shower ideas :)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 03 Dec, 2011 7:07 PM Quote
ok, so, let's say a person you've known for over a decade suddenly defriends you on facebook - and facebook-messages and emails have been the only way you've been in contact for the past few years (apart from a few letters and a postal mixtape-exchange this summer), mainly because they live in another city. and let's say that person has also been a great great help to you at a critical point in your life when you really needed a friend.
now.
would you ask them for a REASON why they did it or just let it be? I'm tending towards the latter... man, I hate facebook sometimes - it's like highschool all over again!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 03 Dec, 2011 9:43 PM Quote
Are you sure s/he defriended you? Or maybe just deleted their account?

I'm actually loving fb these days, being the only one who's not in total awe with my uni friend's intellectual abilities and, therefore, the only one he actually respects. Small victories.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 03 Dec, 2011 10:51 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
ok, so, let's say a person you've known for over a decade suddenly defriends you on facebook - and facebook-messages and emails have been the only way you've been in contact for the past few years (apart from a few letters and a postal mixtape-exchange this summer), mainly because they live in another city. and let's say that person has also been a great great help to you at a critical point in your life when you really needed a friend.
now.
would you ask them for a REASON why they did it or just let it be? I'm tending towards the latter... man, I hate facebook sometimes - it's like highschool all over again!

you can't ask someone why they defriended you. it's weird. But Gosia could be write. They could have deleted their account or temp deactivated it.

My cousin's 12 year old daughter is sleeping over tonight as a birthday buddy thing (her birthday is 3 days before mine). I have to be cool for 24 hours! Can't let the 12 year old think i'm lamepants!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 04 Dec, 2011 11:04 AM Quote
She's still on facebook. I only realised the whole thing because she changed her name and picture and I saw one of her old entries on my wall and clicked to see the new picture...

Kristy, you're right, I can't ask her... I wouldn't even think about it if it was someone I didn't really know, but I've known her for over a decade and she's never been a coward..

oh well...

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 04 Dec, 2011 8:24 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
So, I'm not sure if this counts as today's news, but I am gonna have a baby! Due in June.

!!!!Congratulations!!!!

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 04 Dec, 2011 8:29 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
She's still on facebook. I only realised the whole thing because she changed her name and picture and I saw one of her old entries on my wall and clicked to see the new picture...

Kristy, you're right, I can't ask her... I wouldn't even think about it if it was someone I didn't really know, but I've known her for over a decade and she's never been a coward..

oh well...

I'd ask!. what you got to lose?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 1:20 AM Quote
Where have you been lately, Andrew?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 12:44 PM Quote
I am extremely close to walking out of this "job". I'm nearly 40 years old and I'm taking shit from people half my age, hey I know we're all under pressure, but if you don't change your tone. You'll be picking up your broken teeth with your broken fingers.

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 2:36 PM Quote
Know the feeling Dubz. I finally asked my boss, (after a year of growing a pair:p) what was the possibility of a raise and I got punished financially? Could he not just have said no like most other places? So now Ive 110 euro less a month. So badly in need something else

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 2:57 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Know the feeling Dubz. I finally asked my boss, (after a year of growing a pair:p) what was the possibility of a raise and I got punished financially? Could he not just have said no like most other places? So now Ive 110 euro less a month. So badly in need something else

That's crazy, I hate "office politics".

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 05 Dec, 2011 3:01 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

is that legal?

Pages Previous 1...11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:08 PM