Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
mili
mili Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 3:06 PM Quote
Poor Megg. *hug*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 4:43 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
So... I'm leaving for the airport in about 30 minutes. I also have a cold, didn't sleep last night, feel like puking and I'm super stressed I will be late for my plane. Fun times.

Are you going home now? Sorry things didn't work out for you, but I hope you enjoyed your adventure just the same. Not many people do as much as you did. You should be proud you had the courage to try.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 5:40 PM Quote
[quote="megg_inc"] So... I'm leaving for the airport in about 30 minutes. I also have a cold, didn't sleep last night, feel like puking and I'm super stressed I will be late for my plane. Fun times.

I'm so sorry your UK-adventure's over (for now) :(
But hey, wasn't it a great experience despite the stupidity of UK employers? The things you got to see and do, the people you got to meet?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:07 PM Quote
I'm really genuinely sorry to hear that Megg, but you will bounce back, I believe in you.

Today I was accused of being an undercover cop, my jeans were too clean apparently... wtf. Mind you I was out drinking at 9am, btw The Chancery on the Quays is rockin' at that time on a Saturday morning.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 11:07 PM Quote
I've had to hide my phone to stop me drink and dialing.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 11:40 PM Quote
Drunk and maudlin...

"I will let you down, I will make you hurt"- Johnny Cash (Trent Reznor)

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Nov, 2011 3:03 AM Quote
I thought you were giving it up for November.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Nov, 2011 7:50 AM Quote
Yeah, I was supposed to but between work's night outs and stuff it didn't work out.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Nov, 2011 5:28 PM Quote
Still smashed... Gonna get kilted up and head oot on the Ran Dan....

The weekend has landed... C'mon !!

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 21 Nov, 2011 11:54 AM Quote
Being honourable and doing the right thing doesn't always work out... Looking back, I'd much rather have a day of fun.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 24 Nov, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
I officially didn't get the last job I was interviewed for. There are literally 0 openings I could apply for in Poland. Any ideas what should I do with my life right now?

I know I'm whining but wow, 20 years of the best education I could possibly get, studies abroad, internship abroad, hundreds of CVs sent and here I am, about to spend the next decade or so sitting alone in my parents' house watching tv. Where did it all go so very wrong?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 24 Nov, 2011 5:59 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I officially didn't get the last job I was interviewed for. There are literally 0 openings I could apply for in Poland. Any ideas what should I do with my life right now?

I know I'm whining but wow, 20 years of the best education I could possibly get, studies abroad, internship abroad, hundreds of CVs sent and here I am, about to spend the next decade or so sitting alone in my parents' house watching tv. Where did it all go so very wrong?

Have you ever thought about coming to the U.S.?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 24 Nov, 2011 6:15 PM Quote
I did actually but there is no way I would get a visa not to mention a green card right now. Apparently if you spent many months away from your country you are no longer capable of proving you won't stay in the States as an illegal immigrant, especially if you have no job/income at home. Oh, and there was this UN Youth programme I applied for in September but guess what, they didn't want me either.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 25 Nov, 2011 3:00 PM Quote
Gosia, you have every right to complain (I really wouldn't call it "whining", though, it's not your fault things aren't going well "at the moment"...)

at least people can't come to you and say: "WHY haven't you found a job yet, the economy is doing SO well and I read there are soooo many job offers out there!" With this, of course, they're implying you're not looking properly or, ha ha, you don't really want to work. I mean yes, sure, it's so much fun to sit at home and lose every ounce of confidence you got left... sure... and sure, they know so much about finding a "first real job", because they got theirs because daddy called someone...

man, I'm getting bitter.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 27 Nov, 2011 3:56 PM Quote
You obviously have never met my family... That's precisely what I've been hearing from certain relatives since summer 2010. So yeah, I know exactly what you mean. And it's soooo true about losing any confidence! Not that I've ever been super confident...

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:24 PM