Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 14 Nov, 2011 5:09 PM Quote
¿??¿¿??¿?¿

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 14 Nov, 2011 7:47 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Megg, remember things get really shit before getting better again. You've had your fair share so the only way is up from now on.

You have no idea how many times I have thought this in the past 18 months. Somehow I was wrong each time. Now I know perfectly well what lays ahead of me, no delusions. And it's not pretty.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 15 Nov, 2011 5:36 PM Quote
Yikes that does sound bad. If that's the case then the only thing to do is hold your head up and go for it full throttle. Bon courage as they would say here!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:02 AM Quote
So I got 2 answers from my last interviews. Same as usual - they really liked me, I was their second choice, I interview very well blah blah but "on this occasion they decided to hire the other candidate".

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 12:39 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
So I got 2 answers from my last interviews. Same as usual - they really liked me, I was their second choice, I interview very well blah blah but "on this occasion they decided to hire the other candidate".

sorry, kid :(

mili
mili Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 1:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Daaaaammmmmmmnnnn!

I wonder if you could get some kind of a certificate of being an excellent applicant :^(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 4:31 PM Quote
Shit Buzz Megg,

I've a job interview tomorrow for the first time in months. Says Business Attire on the invite, I usually wear smart Chinos (Dockers) a shirt & tie and a jacket. Guess I better go with the full suit tomorrow,

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 7:04 PM Quote
Sorry Megg :(

Good luck tomorrow Dubz :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 7:33 PM Quote
Just researched the company I'm going to work for...

I went for an inteview with them about 3 or 4 years ago pretty much had the position and before I knew it my then employer and previous employer both gave less than glowing references. Sad to say at the time I pushed it, recommending that they should have the balls to employ me as I had changed my life around and was ready to give 100%.

Hopefully they won't remember me !!!

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:01 PM Quote
How did it go, Dubz? I had my final one today. The weirdest of them all - no idea what to think of it...

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:14 PM Quote
I've been sitting at my computer non-stop for days now, two big projects that need to be in the printshop latest early December. Today I started around 8.30, had a break for a quick 15 min lunch, later an hour or so to cook and eat dinner, a break for news and Broadwalk Empire (1,5 h). It's now 15 past midnight, and I'm about to hit shower and bed, up again around 7 for pretty much the same. Just one more email to the client…

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:59 PM Quote
Interview went well enough although I think they're looking for someone who has a trade qualification and can drive, afterwards I met "The Brick" for a pint and today I'm in a fucking heap.

Dubz

Leia
Leia Posted Fri 18 Nov, 2011 7:47 PM Quote
I had an accident on my way to work this morning. I usually go by tram (rather ancient kind of transport but the most convenient to me), and my tram crashed into the tram ahead! It was very scary, fortunately no one was seriously injured. But I had to walk to the nearest bus stop through the storm and snowdrifts and when I finally got there I was completely exhausted.
And it was only beginning! All day was a mess. Irritated patients (I work at a hospital), irritated doctors and nurses, commisions that tried hard to find faults in our work and make us pay fines, equipment that suddenly gets out of order and so on. But the main problem that makes everyone nervous is money. There's a federal programme that provides large sums for treating certain deseases (medicines, new equipment, increased wages). It's called "modernization" but as far as it goes it only brings a lot of trouble, a lot of extra work and a lot of unnecessary papers but no real inprovement. We were promised that we will get "huge wages" but still got almost nothing. The hospital administration obviously think that we must be satisfied with what we have and try to find a legal way to keep the greatest part for themselves. I'm afraid that they'll succeed sharing some money with authorities, so that they will turn a blind eye to it. And nobody complains because they're afraid to get into trouble.
F*cking hell! I almost hate my work. Thank God it's Saturday tomorrow.

mili
mili Posted Fri 18 Nov, 2011 9:28 PM Quote
Oh, trams! My second favourite method of transport after bike. One winter afternoon about 6 years ago I remember our usual journey from the centre taking 2 hours instead of the usual 15 minutes. The main cause of delay was a snow storm that caused crashes, stuck cars and tram tracks. The driver went out with a brush too clear intersections.

Really "can't wait" for the first snow, possibly due on sunday (arggghh). Last two winters were really hard, lots of snow and very cold, I'm hoping for an easier one this year.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:45 AM Quote
So... I'm leaving for the airport in about 30 minutes. I also have a cold, didn't sleep last night, feel like puking and I'm super stressed I will be late for my plane. Fun times.

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:09 AM