Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
mili
mili Posted Tue 08 Nov, 2011 10:20 PM Quote
Dubz, I wonder when they'd look into the salary again? There could and should be a rise in the pipeline within shortish time.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 08 Nov, 2011 10:39 PM Quote

Yeah I mentioned it would need to be up for review within 6 months... but to be honest they are not gonna increase it by 5 grand after 6 months... In reality I'd be seriously skint for at least 4/5 years before I was breaking even. (can't blame them, they gotta keep costs down)

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 3:05 PM Quote
Ugh, that's a tough one! It depends I guess - being actually employed is always better for your future but can you afford being paid so little (in comparison to benefits?) or would this be too much of a stretch?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 10:04 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Ugh, that's a tough one! It depends I guess - being actually employed is always better for your future but can you afford being paid so little (in comparison to benefits?) or would this be too much of a stretch?

Deffo too much of a stretch...

However, applied for another position had a "phone screen" interview today and will hopefully be getting a proper interview next week. Maybe when I ask for time off for attendence of an interview...

To be brutally honest, I'm a bit pissed off and basically insulted... my boss mentioned the fact that the other fella was on €30k and I am worthy of the same a few months back, however when push comes to shove he offers me half of that.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

To be brutally honest, I'm a bit pissed off and basically insulted... my boss mentioned the fact that the other fella was on €30k and I am worthy of the same a few months back, however when push comes to shove he offers me half of that.

Dubz

try not to take offense. It all comes down to business. It is no reflection of you.
My boss told me last night that she is trying to find a way for me to stay once my contract is up. That would be really nice if it worked out! But, I work in fundraising; I am well aware that money is tight!
We had an event last night at someone's house, and it was the biggest/nicest house I have ever been in in my life. They redesigned their entire house around their massive art collection. It was very modern and really not my personal style, but crazy crazy impressive!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 10 Nov, 2011 9:29 PM Quote
That's a drag, Steve, and a difficult decision to have to make. But if you know you couldn't live on it, it wouldn't hurt to make a polite counter offer. You never know and it couldn't hurt. Maybe at least match what you're making now.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 10 Nov, 2011 11:48 PM Quote
In honor of Veterans/Rememberence day

I wish to shout out to all who have served

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 11 Nov, 2011 9:10 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
In honor of Veterans/Rememberence day

I wish to shout out to all who have served

Seconded.

Whether you agree with war/armed forces etc. is immaterial, These guys gave the ultimate sacrifice (for right or wrong) so that we may lead a better life and for that they earn my respect.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 12 Nov, 2011 1:56 PM Quote
I guess my crying phase has begun.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 12 Nov, 2011 3:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Sorry to hear this, hang in there toots.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 12 Nov, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Oh no! So sorry to hear that.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 13 Nov, 2011 1:48 AM Quote
:( Please cheer up Megg!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 13 Nov, 2011 7:23 AM Quote
I lost my bag the other night...

Some lucky bugger in South Dublin now has A "cracked" Nintendo DS with about 100games on it, A full 20gb Zen Sleek Mp3 Player (but with no way to charge it), A set of Sony DJ Headphones, A pair of Police spectacles (but the chances of them having exactly the same prescription as me is very small), a bottle of Hugo Boss aftershave, Thursday's Irish Times (crossword and soduko half done), Phoenix magazine. My hotel card key, radiator key & locker key.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 13 Nov, 2011 8:52 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

noooooooooooooooooooo :'(

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 14 Nov, 2011 11:43 AM Quote
Megg, remember things get really shit before getting better again. You've had your fair share so the only way is up from now on.

Dubz, kiss goodbye to your stuff and they'll probably never catch them either. As for work, sounds like they're taking the pi$$. I understand that cutbacks have to be made but even so........hope you find some middle ground.

Well, great weekend for me. We took off to the South of France for 3 days and had a blast. Bbq mid November and beachcombing with the kids and all our friends. A good time was had by all.
I also need to buy a new belt since this one is too big (yay!) i've had it for ages but this is the smallest I've been for the past 8 years.

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:59 AM