Travis

Dubz. You see this in the paper?
monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Aug, 2011 7:28 PM Quote
Berwick Rangers fans hit out at police and match stewards after being told to take down the flag of St George at away games

FANS of the only English side to play in the Scottish Football League claim they are being banned from flying the St George's cross north of the border.

Writer Tom Maxwell, who has published an account of the club's history, branded the move "ludicrous".

He said: "There have been occasions where Berwick fans have been told to take St George's Cross down at away grounds on the basis that it might incite trouble.

Flags that might incite trouble!.How about tackling the real issue and not picking on a 'wee club' who every right to fly their flag.

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/04/14/1404shameb.jpg

http://lvironpigs.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/1a1a1a1a1a1a12bg6.jpg

Re: Dubz. You see this in the paper?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 30 Aug, 2011 7:38 PM Quote
Didn't see this,

Utter Shite, absolute disgrace.

Berwick are an English club and I (and I reckon any other decent football fans) for one believe they have the right to fly their national flag at games. Meanwhile SCOTTISH clubs Rankers and Smellic get away with flying the Red Hand of Ulster and the Tricolour, it's fuck all to do with national identity and everything to do with bigotry and hatred.

I hate Morton but it's a healthy hatred, I'd love to see them in the SPL and play them in a derby, much the same as I'd love to see Ayr and QoS also in the SPL as we've also had derbies with these guys when Morton weren't around. If any of these guys were to go to the wall, I'd be genuinely upset and sad to see them go. As I was when Gretna had their Icarus moment.

Unfortunately I don't think I could say the same if it happened to either of Glasgow's ugly sisters.

Dubz

Re: Dubz. You see this in the paper?
monkey
monkey Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 6:18 PM Quote
[quote="Scottish Dubliner"] Didn't see this,

Utter Shite, absolute disgrace.

Berwick are an English club and I (and I reckon any other decent football fans) for one believe they have the right to fly their national flag at games. Meanwhile SCOTTISH clubs Rankers and Smellic get away with flying the Red Hand of Ulster and the Tricolour, it's fuck all to do with national identity and everything to do with bigotry and hatred.

I hate Morton but it's a healthy hatred, I'd love to see them in the SPL and play them in a derby, much the same as I'd love to see Ayr and QoS also in the SPL as we've also had derbies with these guys when Morton weren't around. If any of these guys were to go to the wall, I'd be genuinely upset and sad to see them go. As I was when Gretna had their Icarus moment.

Unfortunately I don't think I could say the same if it happened to either of Glasgow's ugly sisters.

Dubz [/quote
The only opinion i wouldn't agree with is that i was happy to see Gretna go down the shitter. At the height of their 'success' they were going round primary schools in Dumfries handing out Gretna tickets and giving away shirts. Had Gretna balanced the books...down the line somewhere i think we would have gone bust.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:38 PM