Travis

London Riots
travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 4:09 PM Quote
What is going on ? Is everyone in UK ok?

Re: London Riots
rella
rella Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 2:05 PM Quote
maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-vwYJiD8g&feature=youtu.be

doesn't anyone get the msg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 3:21 PM Quote
rella wrote:

Yeah, it's all about financial collapse, and nothing to do with bad little bastards.

Yes, they are disaffected, yes the future is bleak but the future is bleak for lots of people. I'm not going out to set fire to my neighbour's car and then claim it's not my fault, it's society, it's the economic crisis, it's blah, blah, blah. Fucking grow a pair and accept responsibility, It's a big sh!t sandwich and everyone has to take a bite.

You want better for yourself... then I suggest you go work for it. It doesn't get handed to you on a fucking plate. And btw just because the guy down the road worked hard and got his BMW and you don't have one doesn't give you the right to set fire to it you little cunt.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 4:05 PM Quote
I saw this video the other day. I think it was from night 2 of the riots and some dude had his little camera out on the streets and started asking people who were trashing a Curry's (electronics store) what they were doing. The response was "getting our taxes back." WHAT? So the flat screen tv that you smashed on the road gets you your taxes back? Taxes that pay for healthcare, education, roads, etc? Don't get me wrong, there are obviously flaws. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, but how does rioting an electronics store (or a department store or a restaurant or a grocery store or a butchers, etc, etc) better your cause or make you any better off?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 4:34 PM Quote
There was an "interesting", audio only, interview on TV3 this morning. Some young girls were interviewed...

Interviewer started off by mentioning hi, I see you're drinking bottles of wine at 9 in the morning, "Yeah it's great, we hope the riots continue, it's really cool, innit", "It's not our fault, it's the government, innit" and when the interviewer asked about stuff getting wrecked "Yeah, they kinda deserve it coz they're rich, like"

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 5:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
There was an "interesting", audio only, interview on TV3 this morning. Some young girls were interviewed...

Interviewer started off by mentioning hi, I see you're drinking bottles of wine at 9 in the morning, "Yeah it's great, we hope the riots continue, it's really cool, innit", "It's not our fault, it's the government, innit" and when the interviewer asked about stuff getting wrecked "Yeah, they kinda deserve it coz they're rich, like"

Dubz

The same girls weren't quite sure who's in the government, but it's still their fault. And they do it because they can… Charming.

It's just one huge shopping spree with a very nasty twist.

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 8:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

mili
mili Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 10:21 PM Quote
BBC Radio 4:

'I'll keep looting until I get caught'

Violence and looting has broken out in Manchester with fire bombs thrown at shops and looters stealing clothes, electrical items and alcohol.
BBC correspondent Nick Ravenscroft spent the night in Manchester as police battled to keep control of the streets.
"I'll keep doing this every day until I get caught," one rioter told him. "When I get home nothing is going to happen to me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9560000/9560646.stm

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Aug, 2011 10:50 PM Quote
I was just making dinner, and grabbed a tea towel to dry my hands and it had a giant Bobby on it and said "London Police Are Wonderful." (This is not a political statement on my part. I'm sure there are some not great policemen, but for the most part they put their lives on the line to deal with these jerkfaces). But I found the timing rather interesting. I didn't even know this towel existed.

mili
mili Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:37 AM Quote
I quite like this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8693536/Raised-to-rampage.html

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 7:08 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

That's the clip. I am actually stuck for words as it's wrong on so many levels.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 1:27 PM Quote

This writer has some great phrases. I liked "Lord of the Flies dressed by Adidas."

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:59 AM