Travis

Treat Yourself Right
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 6:24 PM Quote
I have long been a champion of the "don't save something because it is 'too good' to use" cause. Then I realized something I've been doing to myself every day for the past, oh, probably 5 years.

Every day I eat my Cheerios out of a bowl with a jagged chip on the rim. I wouldn't let a guest eat out of that bowl. I wouldn't let my kids eat out of that bowl. Why then, do I purposely use the bowl with the chip in it every day? I guess something inside me thinks that maybe if I drop it, it won't matter because it already has a chip in it. That's nuts.

Today I threw the bowl away.

Re: Treat Yourself Right
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 7:23 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have long been a champion of the "don't save something because it is 'too good' to use" cause. Then I realized something I've been doing to myself every day for the past, oh, probably 5 years.

Every day I eat my Cheerios out of a bowl with a jagged chip on the rim. I wouldn't let a guest eat out of that bowl. I wouldn't let my kids eat out of that bowl. Why then, do I purposely use the bowl with the chip in it every day? I guess something inside me thinks that maybe if I drop it, it won't matter because it already has a chip in it. That's nuts.

Today I threw the bowl away.

good for you! I think that is the mom in you. Kids come first kind of thing.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:58 PM