Travis

A question!
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 4:54 PM Quote
Hey guys! Just wanted your opinion about something.

I know this person, just by her first name and I haven't asked her if it's ok if I add her on facebook. So now I now her last name and have found her on facebook... Would it be creapy if I sent her a friend request without notice?

Thanks in advance.

Re: A question!
mili
mili Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:00 PM Quote
Why don't you add a message with the request (it's possible!) with something like "hope you don't mind me adding you and feel free to ignore the request"

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:05 PM Quote
I'll probably feel sneaky anyway :P

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:24 PM Quote
You know her in person? And you've talked?
How did you find her on FB? Via a mutual friend's FB-page?

I'd do what Mili suggested, maybe add how you found her page (if how you did it isn't a creepy story ;P)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:27 PM Quote
It's not creepy. If you've met in real life, it's not creepy at all. If she didn't want people to add her, then she'd have her profile set to private. I've never asked anyone ahead of time if I could add them on FB, and I've never been asked either.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:32 PM Quote
I work with her and talk to her almost everyday, but I found out her last name today from a paper, that's why I feel a bit sneaky. And if I send her a request and she denies it I will feel silly tomorrow.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:54 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I work with her and talk to her almost everyday, but I found out her last name today from a paper, that's why I feel a bit sneaky. And if I send her a request and she denies it I will feel silly tomorrow.

Then it's not sneaky or creepy at all!! If you work with her, you could've found out her last name via work. Plus, as Kayte said, if she didn't want friends requests, she could've disabled them on FB. So go and do it already! ;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:58 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

If you work with her and talk to her everyday, why don't you tell her to add you on facebook? Like in casual conversation, just say, 'hey, you're on facebook, right? You should add me.' Or tell her you're going to add her, and then ask for her last name if you don't want to feel like you're beig creepy. (though, I don't actually think it's creepy in the first place.)

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 6:02 PM Quote
Not creepy at all. Go for it

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 7:31 PM Quote
Not creepy at all. I would add her but leave a wee message also like hey..it's Alex from work ;-)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:33 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Not creepy at all. I would add her but leave a wee message also like hey..it's Alex from work ;-)

I agree with Wendy. Just add a message with the request.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:46 AM Quote
So now I've done it, I actually added another co-worker while I was at it. Thanks for your adcices lets just hope sheaccets.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:55 PM