Travis

Re: Old age = frightening?
monkey
monkey Posted Thu 16 Jun, 2011 5:36 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I worry about my parents getting ill and dying. But i dont worry about it happening to me.

I think that's where I am right now too.

aye same here

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 16 Jun, 2011 7:16 PM Quote
This is scary stuff. I worry about something happening to me because of my kids and i want to be able to experience all the important stages of their lives. I lost my dad last Sept and i'm glad he saw me get married, have children etc. It's also Fathers day here on Sunday :-(
Like Mili I also worry about distance with my mum living in the Uk and this was complicated when my Dad fell ill. You become torn between your 2 families.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 16 Jun, 2011 7:22 PM Quote
I've always said that the only reason I'll leave Ireland is to go home to look after my parents if needed.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 17 Jun, 2011 11:55 PM Quote
Well, I'm the only child of a single parent so it's not gonna be fun. :/
People, have at least 2 kids!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:21 AM Quote
As I was sitting in the park , overlooking the clouds making shadows on the bay . Some pair of old biddies walked by me and said , " I hate it when kids sit around and do nothing "

this 50 year old kid thought it was funny..... i was openly drinking a combat size beer

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Jun, 2011 7:22 AM Quote
My parents are still relatively young and healthy but it's weird knowing their decline is closer than it's not.

My mom is actually considering moving to Austin to be closer to me and my brother. Part of her reasoning is she'd rather move while she is still healthy and she can build a life here before she is old and unable to take care of herself and in another city. That makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:23 PM