Travis

Re: If you could have any job in the world....
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:07 PM Quote
This is going to sound extremely nerdy and geeky and whatever, but my ultimate dream job is to be a neuropsychologist. I know about two people who understand what that is, but it's basically helping people with brain injuries and neurodegenerative diseases. It's different from psychology in that it's more biological in its focus (I don't like social psychology at all - just no interest!) and different from neurology in that it's a focus on the central nervous system and how it relates to cognition. I've done year one of uni now, so I've got another 7-9 years before I'm fully qualified!

audrey
audrey Posted Thu 16 Jun, 2011 12:32 AM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Audrey!! Hello, dear!

Gosh, I can't believe you haven't gone off to do photography full time already. Well, I totally understand your fear of not having a steady income, but your photography is so gorgeous--I don't know how you wouldn't do incredibly well!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sandy gawwwwwwwsh. im all blushing.. :) heeheee. i would be fine if i had someone living with me, but since im by myself, relying on my photography might be a dangerous thing. stupid dumb mortgage/responsibility. i wanna be 19 again! :D

audrey
audrey Posted Thu 16 Jun, 2011 12:33 AM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
This is going to sound extremely nerdy and geeky and whatever, but my ultimate dream job is to be a neuropsychologist. I know about two people who understand what that is, but it's basically helping people with brain injuries and neurodegenerative diseases. It's different from psychology in that it's more biological in its focus (I don't like social psychology at all - just no interest!) and different from neurology in that it's a focus on the central nervous system and how it relates to cognition. I've done year one of uni now, so I've got another 7-9 years before I'm fully qualified!

oooo! thats kinda awesome!

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:20 PM Quote
I like what I work with. It's at a tv production company. I've been working there since February and so far I've been a casting assistant and been working with RealityLog. Starting on Wednesday I'll get back to RealityLog and will also be a production assistant.
I love it there and almost everyone I work with. So as of now, there's nowt else I'd like to work with. :) Sure, no more RealityLog would be nice... hehe

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:48 PM Quote
At this point, anything that is not illegal and pays the bills but in long term a campaigner for a major human rights NGO or the UN would be splendid.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:50 PM Quote
I know about two people who understand what that is

Patronising much?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:02 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
At this point, anything that is not illegal and pays the bills but in long term a campaigner for a major human rights NGO or the UN would be splendid.

how about wearing a neon vest and promoting spas/golf stores?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:54 PM Quote
Hahaha, still can't believe those people get paid for it!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:48 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Patronising much?

I wasn't trying to be patronising, merely pointing out that whenever I say that I want to be a neuropsychologist people tend to greet that with a blank stare... Apologies for any offense. Guess this is why I don't post round here as often any more...

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:17 AM Quote
It wasnt patronising in the slightest.

megg_inc wrote:

Patronising much?

I wasn't trying to be patronising, merely pointing out that whenever I say that I want to be a neuropsychologist people tend to greet that with a blank stare... Apologies for any offense. Guess this is why I don't post round here as often any more...

mili
mili Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 12:25 PM Quote
I'm a freelance graphic designer, and it can be the best job in the World – or the worst (subjectively feels like that on a bad day). This week it's possibly at the bottom… long hours, dull projects and difficult clients with cut throat dead lines. On a perfect day it's something like logo or package design for a cool client with no time or budget limits, today a massive product brochure with bar codes, a b-to-b sales letter and a powerpoint presentation for less sexy one.

I'd love to have more of those perfect days, but I'm not so cool a designer to land with them all the time. I used to make hand made greetings cards, but they don't pay the bills.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:15 AM