Travis

If you could have any job in the world....
audrey
audrey Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:07 PM Quote
What would it be?

As a lot of you know, I do freelance photography. Unfortunately, it is not my full time job and my full time job works me into the ground. Often I dream of quitting my job and taking on the photography gig permanently, but alas. I'm not brave enough to quit the steady money job...

Given that, tell me what YOU'D love to do as a dream job?

(shameless plug.. http://audreyharrod.dpg.cc/) :P

Re: If you could have any job in the world....
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:14 PM Quote
Well as most of you know I am a librarian and I pretty much love my job. Ofcourse there are some boring elements to it but on the whole I find something different to do and I love the interaction with the public and I especially love all the kids stuff I get to do....reader development and all that :)

As an ideal job....ha! Well if someone could employ me to test out and award hotels around the world with a prestigious 5* then that would be cool :-) However, I would have to endure a minimum 1 week stay....of pure luxury. I can't imagine that job sucking much. And I'd have a tan most of the year.....except when I am seeking out some Scandinavian destinations or some secret Russian locations etc!!!!!!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:31 PM Quote
Hey Audrey, nice to see you again!

I pretty much love my job- graphic designer. However, if I were to choose a new occupation, and it was based just on fascination, I would probably do something like being a paleontologist. Or I might be a librarian. I love books.

audrey
audrey Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:33 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Well as most of you know I am a librarian and I pretty much love my job. Ofcourse there are some boring elements to it but on the whole I find something different to do and I love the interaction with the public and I especially love all the kids stuff I get to do....reader development and all that :)

As an ideal job....ha! Well if someone could employ me to test out and award hotels around the world with a prestigious 5* then that would be cool :-) However, I would have to endure a minimum 1 week stay....of pure luxury. I can't imagine that job sucking much. And I'd have a tan most of the year.....except when I am seeking out some Scandinavian destinations or some secret Russian locations etc!!!!!!

the worst thing about it would be the jetlag!!! i could handle that! well, that and if you had a significant other or pets... theyd suffer a bit. but if you were single and willing, awww yeaaaah!!!

do homeless people there hang out in the libraries? they do that a lot around here ahah.

audrey
audrey Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:33 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Hey Audrey, nice to see you again!

I pretty much love my job- graphic designer. However, if I were to choose a new occupation, and it was based just on fascination, I would probably do something like being a paleontologist. Or I might be a librarian. I love books.

meredith, hey!!!!!

maybe you and wends could switch jobs for a day. :D

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:44 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
Peewee wrote:

the worst thing about it would be the jetlag!!! i could handle that! well, that and if you had a significant other or pets... theyd suffer a bit. but if you were single and willing, awww yeaaaah!!!

do homeless people there hang out in the libraries? they do that a lot around here ahah.

Hmmm yeah jetlag would suck, ha! And yes well as I am currently single(ish) with no pets well I could work at that job no problemo! ha!

We don't have any homeless people in my area. City centre would have more but no problems there....it's more the freaky weirdos that the staff have to deal with and annoying teenagers who like to cause havoc. My library doesn't really have these issus because of the area/neighbourhood.

Ha a Job swap with Mer would be awesome. I'd deffo love creating new card designs for a day! ;-) and in sunny Utah! Coolio.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:46 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

I pretty much love my job- graphic designer. .

I never knew that's what you done. I've never really had a dream job or any idea of what i wanted to do, and still don't. Maybe if id had something in mind i would have taken school a little more seriously.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:41 PM Quote
photographer or some sort of event/media relations/community relations for a pro sports team. Or something like visual merchandising. I am SO awesome at making up my mind

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 12:54 AM Quote
Author, if I could do it without pressure to produce.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 4:47 AM Quote
Wendy, don't forget our Coffee come book store.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 5:25 AM Quote
Quality Control for Guinness.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 9:25 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Wendy, don't forget our Coffee come book store.

Totally!!!!!!!!!! :) awe that's still a dream.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 1:17 PM Quote
I'd be a children's fiction writer. I dislike my job these days which is quite sad but writing is something i've always wanted to do. So, i'm attempting to give it a go. I write whilst i'm in work most of the time(I'm even typing this whilst i'm "working"...as you can see i'm so very challenged by my job).

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 1:19 PM Quote
audrey wrote:

they do here.. they use the bathrooms to bathe in

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 2:45 PM Quote
Audrey!! Hello, dear!

Gosh, I can't believe you haven't gone off to do photography full time already. Well, I totally understand your fear of not having a steady income, but your photography is so gorgeous--I don't know how you wouldn't do incredibly well!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 6:03 AM