Travis

Recommend an App
Sunny
Sunny Posted Sat 11 Jun, 2011 10:58 PM Quote

I'm in need of some new Apps for my ipod, what do you recommend?

I've discovered that the Waterslide game makes me feel like i have motion sickness but it has addictive qualities. I keep dying at level 7 :-(

Re: Recommend an App
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 2:48 PM Quote
Apart from the obvious ones (Facebook, Twitter etc) I have to say I love Stumbleupon app for find sheer randomness online. Magic Piano by Smule is VERY addictive. I don't really do games apps.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
I'm a social leper coz I don't use FB or Twitter ... ;-D

My most used App has to be Solitaire. I'm addicted. My best time is 2min 11secs and my fewest moves is 113.

Closely followed by the Amazon Kindle app. Because I'm still in cheapo student mode I download samples of books and if I like the sample then I get the book from the library.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:45 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
I'm a social leper coz I don't use FB or Twitter ... ;-D

My most used App has to be Solitaire. I'm addicted. My best time is 2min 11secs and my fewest moves is 113.

Closely followed by the Amazon Kindle app. Because I'm still in cheapo student mode I download samples of books and if I like the sample then I get the book from the library.

Hey! That's a great student mode idea! :) I love it! Our library has just recently launched e-books so I have the app for that and can download (loan) 9 ebooks and read them on the iphone. That's always pretty cool too. However, it is just started and finding titles I wanna read (man there are way too many mills and boon e-books on there) is time consuming. Unfortunately it doesn't support Kindle (yet).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:11 PM Quote
Wendy will be pleased. Yesterday I downloaded my public library app. Other than that I just have fb, twitter and photo stuff. Then again, I've only had an iphone for a week.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Wendy will be pleased. Yesterday I downloaded my public library app. Other than that I just have fb, twitter and photo stuff. Then again, I've only had an iphone for a week.

I am very pleased! Our library needs a lil kick up the butt in the field of Web 2.0 which is all about making our services and products available and out there via social networking and alot more interactive....embracing modern technology. We are coming on board but progress is slow. Having our own library app for iphone/android users was one of my recommendations in the portfolio I just handed in. Some of examples I have seen for large libraries in the likes of UK and USA look awesome.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:11 AM