Travis

Re: This place needs some new posts and ideas
monkey
monkey Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:44 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

we could start a board project of finding me a job

will your old job not take you back on?

In all likelihood they would, but I am not going back to something that day by day killed my soul just a little more. [/quote]

All Jobs kill the soul as far as i know. Does anyone want to correct me or lie and say they enjoy their job?

good shout Anne. Maybe more topics is the way to go
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EdVZRiRAfLo/SpcuMHbNXII/AAAAAAAAAH4/_MFV_YkyYms/s400/TwoThumbsUp.jpg

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:37 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I think in an effort to not have a bunch of little threads so many discussion have been condensed into mondo threads like Today's News of You. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with the bigger ones.

I agree. There are a few threads which now need a part 2, or part 3 in some cases.

Who has access to the padlocks these days?

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
the shit disturbers were the begining of people not posting. People did come here to get bitched at, and thus found other forms of communication where they wouldn't be.

I'm not really sure if that's aimed at me but i don't think that's completely true. Sure the board has had it's share of arse holes but they're all pretty much gone, apart from Sunny ;)

People from the 'old board' left when it got split into two and the new boardies didn't hang around for long

Andrew, you are a shit, but you aren't a board shit disturber :)

It's hard to argue with that, what with it being true. I didn't mean for this to turn into the old argument of why nobody really bothers anymore (myself included). I was just looking for ideas for a post that everyone can take part in

and another one of finding a job for me, please. hey, that way, we could all become experts in international recruiting and stuff...

(plus, I decided I have to write a book on this whole job-search desaster - because, while there ARE a million books and blogs and whatnot on the subject out there, NONE of them are telling you the REAL stuff... and I could totally use the board for research ;P)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
the shit disturbers were the begining of people not posting. People did come here to get bitched at, and thus found other forms of communication where they wouldn't be.

I'm not really sure if that's aimed at me but i don't think that's completely true. Sure the board has had it's share of arse holes but they're all pretty much gone, apart from Sunny ;)

People from the 'old board' left when it got split into two and the new boardies didn't hang around for long

There were months of everytime people came on it turned into fights or they got insulted. People moved onto fb where they could just talk to the people they wanted to.

Possibly, but...

Maybe some were just too sensitive, It's the interweb ffs.

There were others who took stuff far too personally, just because I think a certain band are shit does not mean I think their fans are shit. But loads of people have got far too defensive about shit like that.

I tend to think of most on here as friends and like my friends we'll have disagreements and even arguments. That does not mean I think any less of you it just means we have a difference of opinion. Fuck it Move on.

There is also the problem that this seems to be a bespoke forum, it's had it's problems with errors and speed... had it just been a "bog standard" adapted to suit Travis it might have fared better (or maybe not).

I am actually very fond of the split into two boards as I don't really have an interest in "Travis" these days and I don't want to read about how great we all think the latest bootleg mix is or pleading for an appearance in... but I do like my Boardie Buddies and I want to see them do well, I like reading about their adventures, hopes, aspirations, dreams, the flip side of course is when things get shitty but there is usually someone on here with a kind word or a bit of empathy (obviously not me).

If it wasn't for this board I would never have met Dee and while that didn't work out in the long run, I don't regret it, We had some good times... so meh... win some lose some.

Dubz

ETA: plus someone needs to kick against the pricks now and again, in the case of certain X-boardies "This aggression will not go unchecked"

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:11 PM Quote
hello

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 3:26 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

It's hard to argue with that, what with it being true. I didn't mean for this to turn into the old argument of why nobody really bothers anymore (myself included). I was just looking for ideas for a post that everyone can take part in

and another one of finding a job for me, please. hey, that way, we could all become experts in international recruiting and stuff...

(plus, I decided I have to write a book on this whole job-search desaster - because, while there ARE a million books and blogs and whatnot on the subject out there, NONE of them are telling you the REAL stuff... and I could totally use the board for research ;P)

Dude, we should write it TOGETHER! Also, count me in for the 'find a job for a boardie' project.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:40 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

Dude, we should write it TOGETHER! Also, count me in for the 'find a job for a boardie' project.

Let's!

(a movie script would be awesome, too! Or a documentary movie. Mónica could be our Spain insider, Fred our France expert, me Germany, you UK and Poland - "The real world - for real!" or something. man, we could totally sell it and make lots of cash!)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:27 AM