Travis

This place needs some new posts and ideas
monkey
monkey Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:03 PM Quote
The threads back in the day of pictures from your window were fun. Anyone remember them? Not enough happens round these parts anymore.

Re: This place needs some new posts and ideas
Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:28 PM Quote
This forum has suffered since they split it into two IMO.

Although, Facebook is probably to blame too.

I miss the wackiness from people just dropping by, creating havoc and disappearing again. The randomness was great - sometimes there'd be pages and pages of threads written in one evening :-)

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:33 PM Quote
Bring back MrAzz and his love for Coldplay

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:35 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Bring back MrAzz and his love for Coldplay

and 4x4s!

what an irritating little man he was.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:42 PM Quote
it was entertaining for a while. He knew how to piss people right off

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:48 PM Quote
I've just had a look through my contacts list on the email addy I only used to use for this board and I've got about 50 people who I don't think I've seen in yonks - I'm gonna email them all.

Yes, I am bored :D

*edit* apologies to anyone who might get multiple emails from me - some people have four or so different email addresses!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:15 PM Quote
the shit disturbers were the begining of people not posting. People did come here to get bitched at, and thus found other forms of communication where they wouldn't be.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
the shit disturbers were the begining of people not posting. People did come here to get bitched at, and thus found other forms of communication where they wouldn't be.

I'm not really sure if that's aimed at me but i don't think that's completely true. Sure the board has had it's share of arse holes but they're all pretty much gone, apart from Sunny ;)

People from the 'old board' left when it got split into two and the new boardies didn't hang around for long

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:33 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Sure the board has had it's share of arse holes but they're all pretty much gone, apart from Sunny ;)

*smack*

lol

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:06 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I'm not really sure if that's aimed at me but i don't think that's completely true. Sure the board has had it's share of arse holes but they're all pretty much gone, apart from Sunny ;)

People from the 'old board' left when it got split into two and the new boardies didn't hang around for long

Andrew, you are a shit, but you aren't a board shit disturber :)
There were months of everytime people came on it turned into fights or they got insulted. People moved onto fb where they could just talk to the people they wanted to.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:15 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

It's hard to argue with that, what with it being true. I didn't mean for this to turn into the old argument of why nobody really bothers anymore (myself included). I was just looking for ideas for a post that everyone can take part in

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:28 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

It's hard to argue with that, what with it being true. I didn't mean for this to turn into the old argument of why nobody really bothers anymore (myself included). I was just looking for ideas for a post that everyone can take part in

we could start a board project of finding me a job

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:06 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

will your old job not take you back on?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:10 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

will your old job not take you back on? [/quote]

In all likelihood they would, but I am not going back to something that day by day killed my soul just a little more.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:16 AM Quote
I think there are several reasons the board isn't as active but here is one I don't think has been discussed ad nauseum.

I think in an effort to not have a bunch of little threads so many discussion have been condensed into mondo threads like Today's News of You. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with the bigger ones.

So I suggest we try starting more new threads. Maybe they'll die quickly but maybe not.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:11 AM