Travis

Germany Question ??
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 26 Apr, 2011 7:30 PM Quote
My mate is a serious Man Utd Fan and I want to annoy him by wearing a German Jersey for their game against Schalke 04, which should I wear...

Borrusia Dortmund (home jersey from mid 90's)
SV Hamburger (home jersey 2009)
VFB Stuttgart (away jersey 2009)

I know they play in Blue & White so none of these match, Dortmund seems to be closest but I don't want to wear the colours of their rivals (unless they are not fierce rivals).

Dubz

Re: Germany Question ??
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 9:59 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
My mate is a serious Man Utd Fan and I want to annoy him by wearing a German Jersey for their game against Schalke 04, which should I wear...

Borrusia Dortmund (home jersey from mid 90's)
SV Hamburger (home jersey 2009)
VFB Stuttgart (away jersey 2009)

I know they play in Blue & White so none of these match, Dortmund seems to be closest but I don't want to wear the colours of their rivals (unless they are not fierce rivals).

Dubz

Oh, just saw the thread! Sorry!
But in case you're planning on annoying him at the return game: Dortmund and Schalke ARE arch rivals ;) To my knowledge they've always been. It's like 30km from Dortmund to Gelsenkirchen and people from the area have to choose "their team" early in their lives ;D (I know two Dortmund fans who wouldn't be happy if they knew I supported Schalke yesterday, haha).
On the other hand, Dortmund is currently ranking #1 in the German league (Schalke is 10th) and Stuttgart isn't doing so well (13th)... Hm...
So if you don't want to wear the colours of Schalke's arch-rival, maybe wear the Hamburg jersey(7th)? They're not as successful as Dortmund, BUT their logo is blue-black-white, so at least the emblem would more or less match the Schalke (away-)colours? And the last time they played against Schalke, the HSV won 2:1, so you could wear the jersey with the benevolence of a superior team ;D

Re: Germany Question ??
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 7:20 AM Quote
Thank you,

I think I will in with the Hamburg jersey, Dortmund are too much of a rival and the Stuttgart Jersey is mainly red (same colour as Man U).

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:53 PM