Travis

Re: Rant Thread
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 22 Mar, 2012 1:38 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Employers seem not to be able to spell! Arghhh. It annoys me so much as they have really ridiculous expectations yet they fail to type the name of the post they're hiring for! Recent examples:

Recepcionist

Fundreser (my guess considering the sector was "fundraiser" but maybe they meant "fun dresser"? I really DON'T KNOW.

"We are looking for candidates for a part-time position of Receptionist. We offer: Full time job (10:00 – 19:00)"

WHAT.IS.THIS.

I would like to hire you to be my full time, part time fun dresser.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Thu 22 Mar, 2012 1:09 PM Quote
thanks a lot, you guys. ya, i guess i'd have to keep myself occupied. now, where's the nearest beach for them surfers? :))
and oh, i'd love to be a part-time "fundresser" for a full-time pay! :> gosh, if we can only fire employers... :P

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Thu 22 Mar, 2012 1:39 PM Quote
i just read the whole thread and i felt both sad and comforted.

i'm actually looking for a job as well so it scares me to hear of some of you guys being unemployed for over a year. wow. i hate job hunting; it's laborious. well...

i don't know your real names, but i do wish for you to land a job that you love soon, megg_inc and thewishlist. :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 23 Mar, 2012 1:17 AM Quote
Lily (wishlist) got a job last week actually :)
Me, well... Let's hope, shall we? Good luck to you too!

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Fri 23 Mar, 2012 2:25 PM Quote
cool! one down. two more; cross our fingers! ^__^

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:05 AM Quote
Today's Megg's rant will be about advertising. More specifically, the difference between ads aimed and men and women. If it's a male-related product it always goes: "Dude, you are awesome. You totally deserve an even hotter woman, better parties, better job and fun times with your equally awesome friends. Because, you know, you are AWESOME. So look, our awesome product is suited to you, because you are so awesome". And what do we get for women? "Ummm, so you got really fat/have an awful cellulite/bad skin/wrinkles/messy hair. No one will want you/like you/hire you because you look kinda gross these days. But here's our product, which should help you. So at least you'll have a tiny chance of getting some dude to like you, maybe?"

WHAT IS THIS. And then everyone acts surprised when teenage girls are developing eating disorders.

I recently saw an ad in which a dude refuses to kiss his extremely pretty girlfriend, because he smells so good he prefers to make out with a female angel. He literally cheats on his human gf, who's not good enough apparently, with an angel. WTF.

PS I got a job!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2012 6:51 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

PS I got a job!

I just realized....Did we manage to employ the whole board? The Lil and Megg hunt for employment is over! WOO HOO!

mili
mili Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2012 9:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

PS I got a job!

I just realized....Did we manage to employ the whole board? The Lil and Megg hunt for employment is over! WOO HOO!

Woo hoo, congrats ladies!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2012 4:03 PM Quote
Congrats, Megg! What will you be doing at your new job?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2012 8:50 AM Quote
I'll be a marketing assistant at a medical company :)

Note: Medical, not pharmaceutical, so not that evil ;)

Thanks guys!

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2012 1:19 PM Quote
good luck with the new jobs :D

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2012 10:39 AM Quote
mili wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

PS I got a job!

Woo hoo, congrats ladies!!

Megg I'm so happy for you!!! I hope you like your new job!!
We should celebrate this ;-)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 2:45 PM