Travis

Re: Rant Thread
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 3:12 PM Quote
$#$^&*GHFGbnjmhf#!!!!

Employers officially are freaking morons!

1. One of the organisations I was interviewed at a few weeks back didn't hire anyone, they've posted the very same vacancy again! Seriously?! Fair enough if you prefer someone else but hiring no-one when I know I would be really good at this job bothers me.

2. There is this job I had applied for (to no response whatsoever) which was posted today for the third time! Third! I have all the experience/skills they have listed in the person specification! Arghhhh!

3. I had spent the whole day yesterday working on a job application which I then sent and today woke up to them posting this ad again with changed requirements - they added 'fluent Arabic' totally out of the blue! Are you people for real?! I haven't wasted time at all.

Also, according to today's news unemployment in the UK keeps on skyrocketing - another 120,000 unemployed since the last official statistics (in August I think?). Highest rate in 17 years. Awesome.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 6:34 PM Quote
*hrmph*
I know what you mean. The "fluent-Arabic" part made me bang my head on the table. Quite a few of the jobs I've applied to have been advertised for months after I'd received my "we're sorry but" letter (which had usually also stated that they'd found someone).

The official (!) unemployment rate in Bavaria is at an all-time low and everyone basically agrees that Germany will suffer from a very severe labour shortage very soon (it has already started, big time, in some sectors), but I don't see it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 7:47 PM Quote

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 5:46 AM Quote
If you open a tin of tuna over the sink, rinse the FU**ING sink out. Nearly every day i come downstairs to the smell of FU**ING fish!. Another thing, FU**ING tuna for breakfast, what the F*ck is up with that!.

When i'm on the bus i don't like it when strangers talk at me. sit down, look forward, and for F*CK sake don't talk. I don't know you, i don't want to, so just STFU!.

If you know i've been on a night shift don't phone before at least 1pm. I don't phone your stupid ass at 4 in the morning because it's convenient for me. This really really really F*cks me off

mili
mili Posted Thu 13 Oct, 2011 9:23 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

When i'm on the bus i don't like it when strangers talk at me. sit down, look forward, and for F*CK sake don't talk. I don't know you, i don't want to, so just STFU!.

Move to Finland. It's officially forbidden to talk to strangers in public transport (and generally), especially in the darker seasons. Unless you're drunk or mad, of course.

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 2:12 AM Quote
mili wrote:
monkey wrote:

Move to Finland. It's officially forbidden to talk to strangers in public transport (and generally), especially in the darker seasons. Unless you're drunk or mad, of course.

Well i think i should move. I seems to attract the weird bus people

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 14 Oct, 2011 6:47 AM Quote
mili wrote:
monkey wrote:

I like this and think it should be adopted in Ireland & Scotland.

The other one that annoys me is people talking to me in the toilet, it usually happens at special events like gigs and stuff, I've my bits in my hand and so have you STOP FUCKING TALKING !!

Oh and on the subject of buses, shove yer mobile phone up yer arse, I don't care who's asking who out, what your business is doing, the details of what you and your partner are arguing about or any such like. btw it's a mobile phone you do not have to shout to be heard. Probably xenophobic but it sounds even worse in foreign languages. Either speak quietly in a normal tone or hang the fuck up and call the person once you are off my fucking bus.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:11 PM Quote
I hate when random strangers talk to me. I also don't like chatty taxi drivers and hairdressers - I don't get why am I supposed to exchange gossip with people I don't know at all. STFU and drive/cut my hair.

Also, what's up with the new 'it' thing among employers who demand 1-page long cover letters which of course are supposed to address all the points in person specification which quite often is 1.5-2 pages long (in bullet points)?! It doesn't make any sense.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 19 Oct, 2011 7:05 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I hate when random strangers talk to me. I also don't like chatty taxi drivers and hairdressers - I don't get why am I supposed to exchange gossip with people I don't know at all. STFU and drive/cut my hair.

Also, what's up with the new 'it' thing among employers who demand 1-page long cover letters which of course are supposed to address all the points in person specification which quite often is 1.5-2 pages long (in bullet points)?! It doesn't make any sense.

I've been told to try and get my CV alone down to one page, I'm nearly 40 years old ffs, How the fuck am I supposed to fit a nearly quarter of a century's working life onto one fucking page.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Oct, 2011 2:46 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
STFU and drive/cut my hair.

One hopes, not at the same time :P

I try to keep my CV to 2 pages (so they can print it one page front and back). It used to be 1, but given that I am an adult who has held more than one job, it is now 2.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 6:42 AM Quote
What is it with people that have to be "first" in comment sections? And they have to actually type it out! I don't know whats worse, that or people that type "second, third, fourth..."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 16 Nov, 2011 4:28 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
What is it with people that have to be "first" in comment sections? And they have to actually type it out! I don't know whats worse, that or people that type "second, third, fourth..."

but it is hilarious when by time they post, they are actually like...27th, but shouted FIRST!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 23 Feb, 2012 6:31 PM Quote
Wow, this is so depressing. Almost a full year later and here I am, still ranting about lack of job/ lame employers. I will never be employed, will I?

*panic attack break*

Anyway, just wanted to say that I tried to apply for 2 jobs today (Which were both posted on Tuesday. It's Thursday.) but they were taken down already, despite having deadlines by the very end of this week. This is f*cking pointless.

mili
mili Posted Thu 23 Feb, 2012 7:22 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Wow, this is so depressing. Almost a full year later and here I am, still ranting about lack of job/ lame employers. I will never be employed, will I?

*panic attack break*

Anyway, just wanted to say that I tried to apply for 2 jobs today (Which were both posted on Tuesday. It's Thursday.) but they were taken down already, despite having deadlines by the very end of this week. This is f*cking pointless.

Damn, that sucks.

Is it possible to send open applications to companies you're interested in? They just might keep your application for the day they need someone, and call you, rather than advertise.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 23 Feb, 2012 8:48 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

*panic attack break*

Of course you will, it's just a matter of the right position becoming available,

I've been unemployed before, recently for two years and then again for 18 months, both times I found positions that suited me well.

Do not lose heart, keep trying, nothing comes easy but one of these days you will get that job you desire. I (and probably others on here) believe in you, go for it.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:22 PM