Travis

Re: Rant Thread
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 10:03 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
You gals surely have issues with men.

Well, men in our lives have caused these issues.

When walking to the train today, some guy jumped infront of me and yelled "PLASMA!" and wouldnt move. I was like "huh?"
And then another dude refered to my friend and I as "Sugar hearts" or something. We wanted to be offended but the attention was nice.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 2:15 PM Quote
Aww,'sugar hearts' is nice!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 7:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Aww,'sugar hearts' is nice!

it certainly was better than "PLASMA"

an 80 year old man said I was pretty today. it made me happier than it should have.

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 7:40 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
You know how some guys say "I'll call you" when they have no intention of doing it?

Happens with girls as well.

Dude you're such a girl. It's on the blokes shoulders to man up and say he will phone

what's a plasma?

I was out last week and some clarty scouse bird asked me if i had a 'judy'. I thought it was rhyming slang and had no idea what the hell she was on about. apparently it means girlfriend. ****ing scousers

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 8:00 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

what's a plasma?

a tv?

Oh ya, I also got called "a skirt" today. I like British sayings!

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 8:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

what's a plasma?

a tv?

i don't get it

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 10:13 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

what's a plasma?

a tv?

i don't get it

are those not things here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_display
(no, this still doesnt explain why he was yelling it. He was clearly very drunk)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 1:18 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
You know how some guys say "I'll call you" when they have no intention of doing it?

Happens with girls as well.

Dude you're such a girl. It's on the blokes shoulders to man up and say he will phone

Ok, thanks for the information.

Btw I never say Í'll call someone if I have no intention of doing it.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 4:55 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

When walking to the train today, some guy jumped infront of me and yelled "PLASMA!" and wouldnt move. I was like "huh?"

maybe he just wanted you to go and donate (blood-)plasma? err... or maaaybe this is a new type of holdup-robbery and they now want PLASMA instead of MONEY...?

Edit: Or MAYBE he meant it as a compliment: "PLASMA!" as in "wow-I-bet-your-blood-plasma-rocks"?... no... yes?... No.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 10:01 PM Quote
It used to amuse me when people called my Kirsty instead of Kristy, but when you exchange emails with someone for like 3 weeks and they still call you kirsty...UGH!
Or they see my CV and hear my name on my voicemail and call me Kirsty...UGH! I get that it isnt a popular name here, but read what it says!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 10:25 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
It used to amuse me when people called my Kirsty instead of Kristy, but when you exchange emails with someone for like 3 weeks and they still call you kirsty...UGH!
Or they see my CV and hear my name on my voicemail and call me Kirsty...UGH! I get that it isnt a popular name here, but read what it says!

I get my name mis-spelt constantly, even to the stage that I'll write it down on an application for whatever and when the correspondence comes back it's spelt Stephen instead of Steven. It is rather annoying, Brits & Americans are the worst culprits, they also have a habit of changing you're name to something that's easier for them to say. The amount of Polish people (and other Eastern Europeans) Who basically change they're name because people don't bother their arse trying to pronounce it. Lukasz becomes Lucas or Luke, The guy who has the flat next to me is called something like Arkadiusz most of his mail says Arak or Erik. I wouldn't mind but this is a country notorious for "different" names... Aoife (Ee-fa), Siobhan (Shiv-on), Mebhdh (Mave) and these are fairly common.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 10:36 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Siobhan (Shiv-on)

I never remember how to say that name. I have a friend of a friend named Siobhan and always avoid saying it. And when reading a book with a character named Siobhan, i just make up my own version of it in my head.

At home I constantly get my name spelled incorrectly, even if it is there infront of them. Here it's just the wrong name.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 02 Jun, 2011 8:56 PM Quote
I apologise on behalf of these dumbass agencies. I have not experienced it personally but yeah it's true....if you have been "unsuccessful" they don't bother letting you know. On the very rare occasion will a company inform you of this. MAJORLY SUCKS and doesn't make sense!!!!!!!!

I am angry for you!

Also...people who can't SPELL your name or say it properly need a slap up the side of the head! Fact!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 03 Jun, 2011 6:01 PM Quote
I have an irrational hatred of the term "covered dish." It is usually used in an invitation to a potluck. What if I am making something that doesn't require a cover? What does this term even mean? I HATE IT.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 08 Jun, 2011 6:30 PM Quote
Never heard of "covered dish"!! :-/

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:09 PM