Travis

Peace, Love, and Boardie Girls
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 10:52 PM Quote
Pack your kaftans and put some flowers in your hair. Next week Anne, Lindsay, Meridith, and I are going to be hippie chicks in San Francisco! Yay! And we'll get to meet Ric in real life. Who would've thunk it? :D

Re: Peace, Love, and Boardie Girls
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 12:41 AM Quote
FAR out maZn

http://pointreyesvisions.com/Media/R_images/R_Hippies/Hippie%20VW%20Bus%20SF.jpg

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 4:13 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
FAR out maZn

http://pointreyesvisions.com/Media/R_images/R_Hippies/Hippie%20VW%20Bus%20SF.jpg

How did you know where we're sleeping???

mili
mili Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 8:53 AM Quote
Cool! Have fun!!

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 11:24 AM Quote
Sounds like fun. I met Ric in dream life. Guess that should go under other other thread (dont recall if I did write about it there), was a while ago now. We drove up a road and there was a dead end and low n behold Ric appears out of a house to see who we were and what we wanted.Anyways have a great time and take pictures:0)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 3:14 PM Quote
maybe you can see this ?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=8044497

or

http://deyoung.famsf.org/deyoung/exhibitions/olmec-colossal-masterworks-ancient-mexico

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 11:35 PM Quote
I'm so excited! I really need a vacation right now. Now if I can just get my freelance out of the way, I can start thinking about this trip!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 6:21 PM Quote
So excited for you guys and wish I was going! Next trip, I'm there! :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 2:48 PM Quote
Sat in the park

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 2:59 PM Quote
I am compiling my "to do" list before I leave. I always get very nervous before trips and have trouble sleeping the night before. I'm always afraid of forgetting something, but as long as I have my plane ticket and ID, what is there really that I can't live without for 3 days? Or can't just buy at the nearest Walgreens?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 4:14 PM Quote
I so wish I could be there! You ladies have fun!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 4:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Or can't just buy at the nearest Walgreens?

like one on every corner

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 6:18 PM Quote

Awesome!! How was the weekend? Did you get to meet Ric?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 8:43 PM Quote
We had a fabulous weekend! San Francisco is lovely. We took a cruise around the Bay on Friday after we all arrived and had dinner at a restaurant famous for it's excessive use of garlic, called The Stinking Rose. The use of garlic was not exaggerated. Saturday morning we met Ric for breakfast. He's very nice. No one got stabbed. After breakfast we looked at the ocean and walked around a park area a bit. We should have some pictures up shortly. Ric gave us some sight seeing tips, then we parted ways and we went on to Golden Gate park and the Japanese Tea Garden. Both very nice. So many flowers in bloom already! From there we walked to Haight St. and went into many interesting shops (vintage clothing, music, artistic taxidermy--oh yes) and saw where the hippies used to hang out. But not anymore, I guess. We went to the area where they filmed the opening to Full House and had a photo shoot of our own. This was one of the highlights of the trip. ;o) Then we had a nice dinner at Ghiradelli Square and ice cream afterwards. We did a LOT of walking that day! Sunday we ate breakfast at a tiny little place that had really good food and shortly after had to say goodbye to Anne. After Anne left, we rode the cable car downtown to the shopping district and roamed around a bit and then walked about 700 miles uphill and had lunch at the Burger Meister. From there we went back to the hotel and just relaxed in the lobby until our airport shuttle came. After a harrowing ride, we said our goodbyes and each had our own long journey home. I got in at 6:11 AM this morning (3 hour time difference).

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:55 PM