Travis

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 8:58 AM Quote
Day 05 (Wednesday 30th March) - a song that reminds you of someone

Staralfur - Sigur Ros

This reminds me of watching this with someone with angel's wings who could finish a whole Gino's Fish Supper. It also reminds me of Steve Zissou (I know he's fictional but it doesn't say in the rules it has to be a real person) Steve actually utters the line "I wonder if it remembers me?" while this tune is playing.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 10:38 AM Quote
day 05 - a song that reminds me of someone

Paul McCartney - English Tea

The song reminds me of four of my friends. We first met at a class at uni and did a presentation on English Parks and Gardens together – where we used this song as an intro. Every time I hear it now, I think of the girls - and how one of them cried "oh my, HE’s good looking" when she first saw the picture of this 18th century landscape architect, Lancelot (“Capability”) Brown. Needless to say we gave her a framed picture of him for her birthday.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 1:27 PM Quote
Day 5, a song that reminds me of someone

This song reminds me of my dad. He was never much into popular music, but when this song came out he taped it and used to listen to it in the car...over and over. I really don't like this song, but it definitely reminds me of my dad and I kinda have to smile internally when I hear it.

But what is with the creepy, weird video and the possessed choir boys?

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 1:27 PM Quote
Woops, double post.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 2:24 PM Quote
day 05 - a song that reminds me of someone

I'm Yours. Well the boy definitely was bad news but he could also play this on the guitar so you can't really blame me, lol.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 3:36 PM Quote
Day 05 (Wednesday 30th March) - a song that reminds you of someone

No need for further explaining, but this song makes me think of someone that was very speial to me, we both shared Eva Cassidy's album "Songbird" together when we were lovers and then when the autumn came it all ended...and when I heard this song I remembered it all and felt very lonely etc etc. It still takes me back to that time and feeling whenever I listen to it.

Eva Cassidy - Autumn Leaves

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 3:41 PM Quote

Dubz

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 3:42 PM Quote
Stand by REM

Reminds me of my uncle when he used to live with us and he had this whole 80's/early 90's deal going on with frosted hair parachute pants...and that whole thing. And he listened to things like REM and Depeche Mode and Echo and the Bunnymen before I even knew who they were. (I was 8, gimme a break. ;))

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 3:42 PM Quote
I had to change my post a bit, now you have it ;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 3:42 PM Quote
Oh, I'm late to this, but I'm gonna jump right in. (Hope that's okay!)

Day 05 - a song that reminds me of someone:

Keeping the Faith by Billy Joel

This song reminds me of my husband's best friend, Chase. It's not his favorite song, or anything like that. It's just funny, because I saw pictures of Chase before I met him. In his pictures, he had a pompadour. That was only about 10 years ago. (Tyler thinks he just grew it out because he was balding and didn't want to face it.) And, in hearing about him, he seemed like this old-school kind of guy, with this sort of James Dean-ish persona. So when this song came on the radio, the first image in my head was Chase with his pompadour and retro, cool style.

Well, he's NOTHING like this in real life, but I still think of him whenever this song somes on. Oh, and Tyler convinced him years ago to get rid of the pompadour!

This is also the first time I've seen this video--yikes, it's horrible, and not at all the vision I had.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 8:21 PM Quote
a song that reminds me of someone

Chesney Hawkes - The One And Only

http://www.dteg.org/images/sudbury.jpg

Adrian

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 9:49 PM Quote
Thanks Guys, really enjoyed your choices today and your reasons for selecting them, a good mixture of previous loves, friends & family.

The choices over the past few days have been really good, some obvious, some obscure I like that. I'm enjoying listening to stuff I don't listen to often enough as well as some of the suggestions I've never heard before.

For Sandy & A.N. Other latecomers, you are more than welcome to join or leave at anytime, try to keep to the rules as it's nice to have a set rule for a day (but rules are made to be broken) so if you feel like there's a song you want to post from an earlier day or whatever please go ahead.

Thanks Again Guys and Keep it Up !!

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Wed 30 Mar, 2011 10:08 PM Quote
Day 5: song that reminds me of someone
the Who: Substitute

Had this new guy in my class when I was 16 and on the first year of the upper secondary school. He was a keen Who fan, and made a best of Who mix tape for me. This was on it (as well as many others, that I could've been chosen). I also think of him when I hear about Tottenham Hotspur, as he supported them, did the football betting every week. I joined in sometimes, and my method of picking winners by their names was at times more successful than the boys' more scientific approach. He also consumed loads of his favourite pastilles I've never seen anyone else eat.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:44 AM Quote
Day 5: a song that reminds me of someone

Bob Seger - Sun Spot Baby

This song reminds me of my cousin. My aunt had a Bob Seger cassette tape and we would listen to it all the time. This song is the one we would "perform" to the most. He died in 1996. We were the same age and he was my best friend. I think this will cover yesterdays song too.

Leia
Leia Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 7:20 AM Quote
Day 5: a song that reminds me of someone.

Romeo And Juliet - Dire Straits

It reminds me of my past lover. We parted years ago, and I haven't seen him for ages, but I still miss him, when I hear this song.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:44 AM