Travis

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 4:47 PM Quote
02: Least Favorite

Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers (The version I'm most familiar with.)

I just have an irrational hatred for maudlin ballads about car accidents. Particularly if a car is conveniently stalled somewhere. I also don't like Teen Angel for this same reason.

I would also like to send a personal thank you out to Pearl Jam for bringing this song back into the public conscious. Thanks for that, guys. It was relatively easy to avoid before that. Of all the songs in all the sixties...it had to be that one? Booo.

:D

mili
mili Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
day 02 (Sunday 27th March) - your least favorite song

Dilemma - Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland

I fucking hate this song with an absolute passion, it reminds me of a time in my life I'd rather forget. It also emphasizes everything that is wrong with modern music, It's commercialized bullshit. Rap & Hip Hop was brilliant before shit like this. Public Enemy, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash and in the end it turns into this fucking steaming pile of arse gravy.

Dubz

eta: Damn good choices people, nothing I could even remotely criticize.

That's pretty "good", I don't like rap and I hate that mariahcareyish crooning. The kids were watching American Idol or some other shite like that, and ALL of the entries were that F**ing wailing. Gross. Got me in such a foul mood!

Anyways, this is one of my all time hates:
Ten Sharp: You

Wet Wet Wet and Simply Red are breathing close behind.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 6:17 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
02: Least Favorite

Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers (The version I'm most familiar with.)

I just have an irrational hatred for maudlin ballads about car accidents. Particularly if a car is conveniently stalled somewhere. I also don't like Teen Angel for this same reason.

I would also like to send a personal thank you out to Pearl Jam for bringing this song back into the public conscious. Thanks for that, guys. It was relatively easy to avoid before that. Of all the songs in all the sixties...it had to be that one? Booo.

:D

That is truely dreadful. I'll try to find Teenage Cremation a song by Eric Cuthbertson, it's a parody along the same lines as Tell Laura I Love Her/Leader of the Pack it contains the lines "teenage cremation, oh how I cried when you fried"

On another note I've never "got" Pearl Jam to me they just sound like tons of other bands.

mili wrote:

That's pretty "good", I don't like rap and I hate that mariahcareyish crooning. The kids were watching American Idol or some other shite like that, and ALL of the entries were that F**ing wailing. Gross. Got me in such a foul mood!

Anyways, this is one of my all time hates:
Ten Sharp: You

Wet Wet Wet and Simply Red are breathing close behind.

Again another truely dreadful song that epitomizes everything that's wrong with Pop music, it's very obviously written to a formula and very obviously written just to be popular, I know all artists hopoe their songs are popular but they usually put a bit of themselves into the mix, If there is any part of this artist in this song then I severley pity them as they are a most superficial excuse for a human.

Dubz

Leia
Leia Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:09 PM Quote
Day 2: My Least Favourite Song.

There are lots of them, but this one is particularly disgusting

Single Ladies - Beyonce

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:45 PM Quote
Leia wrote:

Single Ladies - Beyonce

Can't stand it either, euuuw.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:55 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Leia wrote:

Single Ladies - Beyonce

Can't stand it either, euuuw.

It really is loose stool water, however, there are tons of daft fucking women who would disagree as they dance around their handbags in shitty nightclubs.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:13 PM Quote
I generally like Beyonce. Sue me. Also, this song IS fun to dance to.
Does that make me a "daft fucking woman dancing in shitty nightclubs"? Ah, stereotypes.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:24 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I generally like Beyonce. Sue me. Also, this song IS fun to dance to.
Does that make me a "daft fucking woman dancing in shitty nightclubs"? Ah, stereotypes.

I wasn't being stereotypical, I was being downright rude.

If you are the type of person who is shallow, nasty to your friends behind their back, aloof, snobbish & generally a fucking bitch then yes that would make you a "daft fucking woman dancing in shitty nightclubs".

but I don't think you are :-)

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:32 PM Quote
Im not really participating as I am bad at decision making, but some Ricky Martin song that I accidently watched while waiting for my dinner to cook might infact be my least favourite song ever, and I dont even know what it was. I assume it is new. I had no idea he still made music.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im not really participating as I am bad at decision making, but some Ricky Martin song that I accidently watched while waiting for my dinner to cook might infact be my least favourite song ever, and I dont even know what it was. I assume it is new. I had no idea he still made music.

Is he the gay one ??

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 3:37 AM Quote
Day 2: Least Favorite

Alright, so I couldn't think of a favorite song yesterday but I can participate today. This song really annoys the hell out of me. I think its a combination of the repeating of the lyrics and her voice - Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 8:11 AM Quote
day 03 (Monday 28th March) - a song that makes you happy

Cuban Boys - Cognoscenti vs Intelligentsia

How can this not make you happy, it's just stupid and fun.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:32 AM Quote
Day 3 - a song that makes me happy

The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun

A classic... Now obviously, it doesn't make me happy in the jumping-around-yelling-"yaaayI'msohappylifeisgreat" kind of way, but it's so hopeful and down-to-earth-optimistic and listening to it makes me happy in a deeper, more content kind of way than other songs.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 1:49 PM Quote
Dubz, I'm quite surprised by your choice of happy song. Trivia, the "Hamster Dance" song was originally Whistle Stop in Disney's Robin Hood 1:25.

Ok, there are lots of happy songs for me, but I will choose Centerfield by John Fogerty. They play this song on the radio a lot on the opening day of baseball season and it mainly makes me think of winter ending and warm weather finally arriving. It also is a song about beliving in yourself. I couldn't care less about baseball, but I just find the song very positive and optimistic.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 3:44 PM Quote
Song Away by Hockey

It's a catchy tune about music. Catchy tunes make me happy, what can I say?

Also, there's some awesome nerd dancing in the video. Hehe, I've never seen the it before but the part with the shoe made me laugh out loud.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:21 PM