Never seen the video, though!

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 19 Apr, 2011 8:42 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Song that makes you laugh
Barenaked Ladies - Be My Yoko Ono

Never seen the video, though!

the band performed this song in a speakers corner booth in Toronto. It got aired on tv. They got a record deal.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 19 Apr, 2011 8:43 PM Quote
day 25 (Tuesday 19th April) - a song that makes you laugh

Totally not my cup of tea but the sh*t is hilarious.

Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2011 3:22 PM Quote
Ugh, I'm behind. Further proof that I can't stick with anything more than 2 weeks. I will try to catch up. But not right now.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2011 4:09 PM Quote
day 26 (Wednesday 20th April) - a song that you can play on an instrument

I think this is the third song I chose from this album? It's obvious that it's my favorite record and has had major impact on me. This is a song I think I do justice and really enjoy playing, even though I've must have done it a zillion times.

Bob Dylan - If You See Her, Say Hello

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2011 4:51 PM Quote
figured this out the other day but watching the vid ,oops one step down from their key

look through any window

mili
mili Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2011 5:01 PM Quote
I used to be able to play this* with guitar, but I haven't had an instrument for 20+ years, and even then it had been gathering dust for a long time before I gave it away.

*Elvis: Love Me Tender

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2011 5:26 PM Quote

Imagine (on the piano)
easy-peasy ;D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2011 5:41 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

Imagine (on the piano)
easy-peasy ;D

Pretty easy yes, do you play it in C, or B perhaps? C is the easiest key of them all. When I don't know exactly how to play a song I fool around a bit in C or Am if it's a sad song hehe. I think Imagine sounds pretty nice in B, especially when my throat is sore because it's a whole tone step down ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 21 Apr, 2011 6:19 AM Quote
day 25 (Tuesday 19th April) - a song that makes you laugh

Lay that Pistol Down - Rolf Harris

I can still remember listening to this with Lisa, It's corny but it's still funny. Rolf Harris is just a funny guy, when I listen to this I can see him making all the faces.

Amazing Grace

I can't play much at all but I can play this on the penny whistle.

day 27 (Thursday 21st April) - a song that you wish you could play

Small Hours - John Martyn

This is played on something called Echo-plex (?), it's basically a tape loop which fades (long before digital effects boxes), It's probably a dead easy song to play but I love the effects. I think it may also be played with an E-Bow.

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 21 Apr, 2011 3:08 PM Quote
day 27 (Thursday 21st April) - a song that you wish you could play

I'm no guitar hero at all, but I'd love to be able to play the riff in Rebel, Rebel by Bowie.

I'd also like to learn the bass-line in Money by Pink Floyd

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 21 Apr, 2011 4:12 PM Quote
Okay, time to play catch-up here.

Day 18: A song that you wish you heard on the radio.

I don't know. Hearing a song on the radio isn't so important anymore with YouTube and iPods and all that. It wouldn't kill them to play some Travis. It's been over a year, I think.

Day 19: A song from your favorite album

Song for the Asking from "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

Day 20: A song you listen to when you're angry

I think I answered this one out of order. I don't listen to music when I'm angry. I need it quiet.

Day 21: A song you listen to when you're happy

Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys

Day 22: A song you listen to when you're sad

The same with anger. I think I'd rather have it quiet when I'm sad. A sad song would make it worse. A happy song would be annoying.

Day 23: A song you want played at your wedding

I walked down the aisle to a version of Greensleeves that was something like this. We had a Renaissance style wedding, which I would never do now because it seems kinda corny, but at the time I thought it was really cool.

Day 24: A song you want played at your funeral

I'll Fly Away

I would also like Dubz to play "Amazing Grace" on the penny whistle if he is available.

Day 25: A song that makes you laugh

I used to think this was kinda funny. It's not that funny now, for some reason. Squirrels. It's a parody of Beastie Boys' "Girls."

Day 26: A song you can play on an instrument

I can still play this song from memory on the clarinet. My high school's fight song, "Washington and Lee Swing." (This video was several years after I graduated.) So give three rousing cheers for Allen Park High, Allen Park High! Rah, Rah, RAHHH! Washington and Lee Swing
But if I have the music in front of me, my favorite song to play in band was always Sing, Sing, Sing, with a Swing. Also has a great clarinet part!

Day 27: A song you wish you could play

I always wanted to be able to play Klezmer-style clarinet. But not being Jewish...I never got the chance.

Leia
Leia Posted Thu 21 Apr, 2011 6:50 PM Quote
Day 27: a song that you wish you could play.

I learned to play piano when I was about 7 or 8, but without much success. I hated music lessons because it seemed to me that my teacher hated me (I'm afraid it was true). Now I wish I could play piano well! Maybe I would have never learned to play like Tori Amos but who knows...

Cornflake Girl

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 21 Apr, 2011 9:30 PM Quote

Day 27: a song that you wish you could play.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

A classic!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:25 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

Imagine (on the piano)
easy-peasy ;D

Pretty easy yes, do you play it in C, or B perhaps? C is the easiest key of them all. When I don't know exactly how to play a song I fool around a bit in C or Am if it's a sad song hehe. I think Imagine sounds pretty nice in B, especially when my throat is sore because it's a whole tone step down ;)

I learned it in C - and you're right about the B transition, it sounds really nice. and with this song I've realised that people who don't know a thing about playing an instrument can be impressed with the smallest things. You sing along whilst playing it and they go "ooooh COOL, you can play IMAGINE!" *lol*

---

Day 27: A song you wish you could play

got to post a piece of classical music this time.
this is a piece I'm never ever ever ever going to be able to play, but I really wish I could. It's amazing, but you have to listen to ALL of it :)

Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

*sigh*

Pages Previous 1...11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:45 PM