Travis

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
Leia
Leia Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:22 AM Quote
Day 17: a song you hear often on the radio:

If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next - Manics

It was the first Manics song I heard in the late 90s and since then it is one of my favourite songs and Manics are one of my favourite bands. I don't listen to the radio that much nowadays but still hear this song quite often on a local station (they have surprisingly good taste in music and helped me to discover a few interesting bands I never heard of).

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:40 AM Quote
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio

Lena - Satellite

She won the ESC with that song last year and it has been played a GAZILLION times on the radio.

I liked it when I first heard it (even though I didn't like her weird "accent"), but then it was played everywhere and now the song is just annoying me - so I could've posted this on Day 16, too...

(she's going to represent Germany AGAIN, so the whole "Lena-mania" will probably go on for another year... *sigh*)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Day 16 (Sunday 10th April) - a song that you used to love but now hate

Yellow - Coldpatrol

When I first heard this I thought it was immediately brilliant, however it now annoys me for so many reasons, it got played to death, Chris Martin really is a prick, he's a watered down version of Bongo from U2, Everything else by Coldpatrol that has followed has been piss by comparison.

Dubz

This was going to be my answer too, except I was already more ambivalent towards it than really loving it, because I already thought it paled in comparison to Shiver. But, yeah, I went from thinking it was alright to wanting to kill it with fire every time I hear it on the radio.

Day 17: A song you hear often on the radio.

The Cave by Mumford and Sons

Hey, there wasn't a rule that it had to be a song that I'm sick to death of hearing on the radio all the time, right? :) I pretty much hear it every time I get in the car and listen to the actual radio instead of my ipod.

(I will admit that may skew my perception of the word "Often" in this context though.)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 10:59 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

Lena - Satellite

She won the ESC with that song last year and it has been played a GAZILLION times on the radio.

I liked it when I first heard it (even though I didn't like her weird "accent"), but then it was played everywhere and now the song is just annoying me - so I could've posted this on Day 16, too...

(she's going to represent Germany AGAIN, so the whole "Lena-mania" will probably go on for another year... *sigh*)

Oh ya, this song was all over the place, in Denmark and Poland as well! It's well catchy and kind of cute.
Have they changed the rules though? I'm pretty sure you weren't allowed to represent the same country twice...

I don't really listen to the radio, but this chick seems to be everywhere these days. I kind of dig it. Plus she has splendid hair.

Do It Like a Dude

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:34 PM Quote
Day 17 (Monday 11th April) - a song that you hear often on the radio

Lying Eyes - The Eagles

I've heard this a million times and only thought about it recently, it's called Lying Eyes and not Lionize as I surmised it would be.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:30 AM Quote
I've fallen behind since the trip.

Day 14: A song no one would expect you to love
Well, I don't think anything I pick would shock anyone. Maybe this. Rock and Roll--Led Zeppelin

Day 15: A song that describes you
You've Got a Friend

Day 16: A song you used to love, but now hate
Ghostbusters

Day 17: A song you hear often on the radio
Bubbly--Colbie Caillat. This song is still played constantly.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 12 Apr, 2011 2:12 PM Quote
day 18 (Tuesday 12th April) - a song that you wish you heard on the radio

Could have chosen about anything that I like here, but I think it's time for some Iron Butterfly:

Iron Butterfly - Butterfly Blue

This is freakin' epic, would love to hear this kind of stuff on the radio.

Leia
Leia Posted Tue 12 Apr, 2011 7:25 PM Quote
Day 18: a song that you wish you heard on the radio

Love Will Tear Us Apart

It's rather strange but I never heard Joy Division songs on the radio. Maybe they think that this music is too dark and depressive for commercial stations. But on the other hand it's just too great to be played along with all these shitty pop songs.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Apr, 2011 8:32 PM Quote
Leia wrote:
Day 18: a song that you wish you heard on the radio

Love Will Tear Us Apart

It's rather strange but I never heard Joy Division songs on the radio. Maybe they think that this music is too dark and depressive for commercial stations. But on the other hand it's just too great to be played along with all these shitty pop songs.

John Peel used to play them quite often but he's dead.

Day 18 (Tuesday 12th April) - a song that you wish you heard on the radio

Judy Over the Rainbow - Orange

This is another one of those records that symbolizes pop music for me, It's obviously a tribute/rip-off but it's exceeding well done.

Dubz

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 12 Apr, 2011 9:45 PM Quote
Day 18: Song You Wish You Heard on the Radio

Any song that you have ever heard on a commercial or as background music in a TV show, or as transition music from DJ to Commercial on the radio (yet the station NEVER plays that song ever), and you think...I Like that...I wonder what that was, but you can never find out because the 30 second clip is now over and it's not really documented anywhere easily findable. ;)

also:

Firecracker by Voxtrot

Because more people should have heard Voxtrot before it ended. :D

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 12 Apr, 2011 10:41 PM Quote
I just realised I missed day 14th! I love this song. I love this book. I love this movie. Looooooooove.

Also. Day 18: Song You Wish You Heard on the Radio

I would definitely wish this was the kind of pop you can hear on the radio:
Belle & Sebastian - I Want the World to Stop

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 13 Apr, 2011 6:46 AM Quote
day 19 (Wednesday 13th April) - a song from your favorite album

Easiest choise so far ;) This has been my favorite album since I bought it..like 10 years ago. My record collection was very small at that point, but I had won a free record in some competion at my local radio channel. So I took the coupon to the nearest record shop and started browsing through their piles of cd's and then I found it! I was like: "OH Bob Dylan, he is famous, gotta get a record from him". Since that day I've been a Dylan fan and I still listen more to this record than to anything else. Btw this is one of the songs on my repertoar. I'll give you mr Zimmy:

Bob Dylan - Shelter From The Storm

Btw this performance is so damn good, take your time, bear with the commercial at the start, and watch it!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 Apr, 2011 7:17 AM Quote
Day 19 (Wednesday 13th April) - a song from your favorite album

George Square Thatcher Death Party - Mogwai

I love the title of this album, Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will, I also like the title of the song, Margaret Thatcher is hated in Scotland and George Square is the main square in Glasgow, there are parties there at new year and stuff, When that old cow finally snuffs it there will be celebration in Scotland. It has already been decided that there will be a state funeral cost millions. Frankie Boyle once stated for the amount of money being spent you could buy everyone in Scotland a shovel and we'll dig a hole deep enough to hand the bitch over to Satan personally.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Wed 13 Apr, 2011 11:39 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Day 19 (Wednesday 13th April) - a song from your favorite album

George Square Thatcher Death Party - Mogwai
Dubz

Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will is the one for me at the moment, has not a single skipping song. George Square Thatcher Death Party is great, and this is one of the best, too:
Mogwai: Death Rays

Besides Travis albums, Death Cub for Cutie's Plans is one of my all time favourites
Death Cab for Cutie: Soul Meets Body

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Apr, 2011 4:49 PM Quote
fixing a hole

My favorite solo from Harrison tooooooooooooooooooo

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:17 PM