hennypenny Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 1:25 AM Quote
Day 13: A song that is a guilty pleasure

Tearin' Up My Heart - NSYNC

Yes I like NSYNC. You got a problem with it? :P

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 5:44 AM Quote
Day 14: A song no one would expect you to love:

Let us combine two genres that people just assume I don't like because I don't like the shitty mainstream versions of them happening these days:

Bring the Noise by Public Enemy and Anthrax

Hehe. I never even knew who it was for the longest time, just that it rocked every time they played it on WOXY back in the day. And for the record, I do like the one with just Public Enemy as well, but this is the one I heard on the radio all the time and grew to love. (seriously, I just listened to it three times in a row.) :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 6:36 AM Quote
Day 14 (Friday 8th April) - a song that no one would expect you to love

Adele - Chasing Pavements

Most people will know normally I can't stand this sort of stuff. But I actually saw this at New Year and the performance completely blew me away, She really has a wonderful voice and knows how to use it, she's not quite Aretha but she's the closest (in terms of raw talent) that I've heard in a long time. I could also have gone with Gabrielle Climi's Nothing Sweet About Me but I just like that song whereas I can actually explain why I like Chasing Pavements.

Dak thank you (again) for re-introducing a fucking brilliant tune I'd forgotten all about, I hate Anthrax and all that "Heavy Metal" crap but Bring tha Noize is an amazing tune, it also shows the respect that PE & Anthrax have for each other, away to llisten to it just one more time...

Dubz

Leia
Leia Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 11:42 AM Quote
Day 14: a song that no one would expect you to love:

Nymphetamine - Cradle of Filth

I don't usually listen to Black/Death or whatever Metal, but this song haunted me the first time I heard it.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 4:27 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Most people will know normally I can't stand this sort of stuff. But I actually saw this at New Year and the performance completely blew me away, She really has a wonderful voice and knows how to use it, she's not quite Aretha but she's the closest (in terms of raw talent) that I've heard in a long time.

Dak thank you (again) for re-introducing a fucking brilliant tune I'd forgotten all about, I hate Anthrax and all that "Heavy Metal" crap but Bring tha Noize is an amazing tune, it also shows the respect that PE & Anthrax have for each other, away to llisten to it just one more time...

Dubz

I really like Rolling in the Deep. It always catches my ear when I hear it on the radio. Love her voice. :D

As for Metal or whatever you want to call it, I can enjoy it when the singer is actually somewhat singing at some point and there's something going on with the music, rather than some dude SCREAMING like a maniac over the top of constantly thrashing guitars (Or whatever it's called. You know what I'm talking about. ;)) I can't stand a steady stream of screaming in a song. :(

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 4:34 PM Quote
Day 14 (Friday 8th April) - a song that no one would expect you to love:

I found this choice especially hard because I'm very open with what I like and what I don't. But I mostly listen to hard rock/psychedelic rock/glam and a bit of singer/songwriter thrown into that mix so I find this quite the opposite to that kind of music, but I must admit that I really love it, it's very grand and beautiful.

Shirley Bassey - Where Do I Begin(Love Story)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 8:40 AM Quote
Day 15 (Saturday 9th April) - a song that describes you

Asshole - Denis Leary

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 10:03 AM Quote

Kaiser Chiefs - Everything Is Average Nowadays

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 09 Apr, 2011 11:36 PM Quote

Lust for Life by Girls. Every line is freakishly accurate. I really love this song, video and band. I pretty much want to live inside their videos.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:22 AM Quote
Day 16 (Sunday 10th April) - a song that you used to love but now hate

Yellow - Coldpatrol

When I first heard this I thought it was immediately brilliant, however it now annoys me for so many reasons, it got played to death, Chris Martin really is a prick, he's a watered down version of Bongo from U2, Everything else by Coldpatrol that has followed has been piss by comparison.

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 1:27 PM Quote

I used to like this song when I was younger, but now I'm very tired of it. It has gotten too much airplay as well.

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:13 PM Quote

Just anything by U2, it's all rather decent by sooooo overplayed. Plus I don't know why, but despite all the charity work he does, I think Bono secretly is a major douche.

With or Without You

PS. I really need to see this 'Killing Bono' movie for so many reasons.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:18 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Just anything by U2, it's all rather decent by sooooo overplayed. Plus I don't know why, but despite all the charity work he does, I think Bono secretly is a major douche.

With or Without You

PS. I really need to see this 'Killing Bono' movie for so many reasons.

I keep forgetting about the movie, I wasn't that interested but it's Pete Postlethwaite's last film before he lost his battle with cancer. So if only for that I really want to see it.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 10 Apr, 2011 9:59 PM Quote
Here is my problem with Bono. He moved his offices to Switzerland to avoid paying taxes in his own country. A country that could so obviously use his tax dollars. Or Euros. At least that is my understanding of the situation.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:01 AM Quote
day 17 (Monday 11th April) - a song that you hear often on the radio

Could've gone for Losing My Religion here as well.

This is just a crappy radio-friendly song that competed in the Swedish national competition for the ESC.

Listen to it, a real earworm.

Danny - In The Club

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:26 PM