Travis

Re: Targets for 2011
monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 7:52 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
My 12-week program has ended. I still have some more weight to lose so I've signed up for the next level class but wanted to share what I've lost so far:

19 pounds (8.61825 kg) and 10.5% body fat.

On my way to my target. Hurray!

:0 amazing!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 14 May, 2011 1:47 PM Quote
I just found out that I tied for first place in the contest to see who of the various weight loss classes at my gym could lose the most body fat in 12 weeks. I in no way thought I had a chance so it was even more of a surprise. I won a spa package: haircut, highlights, manicure, pedicure, facial, and massage.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 14 May, 2011 1:51 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I just found out that I tied for first place in the contest to see who of the various weight loss classes at my gym could lose the most body fat in 12 weeks. I in no way thought I had a chance so it was even more of a surprise. I won a spa package: haircut, highlights, manicure, pedicure, facial, and massage.

That's Brilliant, Well Done You !!!

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 14 May, 2011 2:55 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Yay, you rule!

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 15 May, 2011 2:45 AM Quote
mili wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Yay, you rule!

i second that!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 15 May, 2011 3:37 AM Quote
Anne rocks!!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 08 Jun, 2011 6:59 PM Quote
How's everyone getting on with their targets? :-)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:23 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

No bueno. Only 1 out of 5 so far, eating healthy/excercise more. I guess that is the most important one though.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Jun, 2011 7:04 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

I'm doing well on three of them, working on a fourth. My target of hugging Ewan McGregor is, sadly, going nowhere.

Any ideas?

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 25 Jun, 2011 5:30 AM Quote
Surprisingly quite well. The whole family is eating better and I'm going to my very first music festival in 3 weeks. I feel like Christmas is coming, I'm sooo excited. No exercise though, cos I'm still having physio on my ankle. How about the rest of you? We're at the halfway point now so it's good to review progress.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 31 Dec, 2011 9:40 AM Quote
Well... It is already that time of year and since today's TV is taken up with reviews of the year I thought we should do the same....

How did you do on your 5 things.

1. Pass, With the exception of a couple of serious binges I think this is just about a pass
2. Fail, probably a little fitter but only because I'm working.
3. Fail, passed Word only. Need to make time to do the others.
4. Pass, Technically I will still be employed at midnight tonight.
5. Fail, Only managed once this year but will try to get over early this coming year.

I would have to go with a c plus, could do much better. I also think I'll be lazy and keep the same goals for next year.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Right, here we go, list 5 things that you want to accomplish by the end of 2011. If you manage...

1 = Pass
2 = B
3 = A
4 = Distinction
5 = Professor of Achievement (and all boardies shall worship you and despair)

We can dig up this thread at the end of the year and see how everyone has managed.

I'll start it off.

1. Lessen my alcohol intake
2. Get Fitter
3. Pass my Microsoft Office Expert (all 5 courses)
4. Gain employment and stay employed
5. Visit Scotland 3 times (I've been home half a dozen times in 10 years)

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 31 Dec, 2011 1:10 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

EDIT I finally found all 5 :

1) Eat more healthily - get rid of my bad comfort eating when Hubby goes away on business!
2) Exercise more and find time for myself to relax
3) Make more time to spend with my kids - the cleaning, washing etc should take second place!
4) Be less tough on myself. (Thanks Steve, sound advice)
5) Go to a musical festival and camp with my little tent like a teenager.

Well, I've done better than I thought this year....
1) Pass , we're eating healthily and have changed all our eating habits since we found out in May that our son's excema is food related! I've lost 11kgs in the process which is great.
2) Pass, since losing weight, I've taken up tennis and regularly go hiking which I never used to do.
3) Fail, any spare time I have now is spent cooking healthy meals so I don't spend anymore time with the kids than before.
4) neither pass nor fail, I'm still working on this one. I've learnt that I can't be perfect and know my limits and am more chilled than before but I still expect alot of myself and others.
5) PASS, major Pass for this one. Going to the festival Musilac and camping surrounded by students back in July was amazing. We didn't get much sleep over the three days haha but the music was fab and I loved the whole experience.......and will be going again as soon as I get the chance!

So that's my lot. I'd love to do this again for next year, I think it's seriously helped me. How did the rest of you get on?

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 31 Dec, 2011 1:12 PM Quote
Oh I forgot......what grade does that get me? An 'A' ? For effort at least hehehe.

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 31 Dec, 2011 1:17 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Well... It is already that time of year and since today's TV is taken up with reviews of the year I thought we should do the same....

How did you do on your 5 things.

1. Pass, With the exception of a couple of serious binges I think this is just about a pass
2. Fail, probably a little fitter but only because I'm working.
3. Fail, passed Word only. Need to make time to do the others.
4. Pass, Technically I will still be employed at midnight tonight.
5. Fail, Only managed once this year but will try to get over early this coming year.

I would have to go with a c plus, could do much better. I also think I'll be lazy and keep the same goals for next year.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Right, here we go, list 5 things that you want to accomplish by the end of 2011. If you manage...

1 = Pass
2 = B
3 = A
4 = Distinction
5 = Professor of Achievement (and all boardies shall worship you and despair)

We can dig up this thread at the end of the year and see how everyone has managed.

I'll start it off.

1. Lessen my alcohol intake
2. Get Fitter
3. Pass my Microsoft Office Expert (all 5 courses)
4. Gain employment and stay employed
5. Visit Scotland 3 times (I've been home half a dozen times in 10 years)

Dubz

Congrats Dubz on cutting back on the booze. I think you've tackled the most difficult one on your list and even if there are lapses, if regularly you're drinking less, well, that's great and your liver will probably thank you for it too. Keep up your hard work :-)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 31 Dec, 2011 1:26 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
1. Get a job (and keep it)
2. Learn Farsi properly
3. Be more confident (!!) and stop overanalysing meaningless stuff.
4. Find ONE sport that I like (I have been lazy for 8 whole years now. and back in highschool, I hated PE.)
5. read the newspaper more regularly

Awesome!

So. I haven't accomplished any of my goals. No, not even one. Not even 1/4 of a pinch of Numbers 1-5, posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011.

But I'm a resourceful person, so I found the perfect solution:

2011 ain't over for me! Not for another 366 days (367 if you wish to include today).

So, tomorrow is going to be Sunday 1 January, 2011² (or 2011/II)

See? It's perfect!
That's all.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:25 PM