Travis

Re: Targets for 2011
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 4:41 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Good for you Kayte! Not to make you crave it more but I had a question about the syrup. Do you refrigerate it? Mine is in there but I didn't know if it's necessary. And it's a lot thicker now.

I'm doing well on the taking better care of myself thing. I have been eating healthy and exercising for four whole days. Get out the ticker tape now!

I don't refrigerate mine because it gets too thick to use. It's just sugar, cocoa, and water, so there isn't much to spoil unless it hung around long enough to get moldy, which is NEVER the case at my house! If it gets really thick or you're at the bottom, just add a little warm water and shake.

You exercised for four whole days? Wow, you must be exhausted!

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 6:15 PM Quote
Well done on the exercising Anne. This is the one area where I have been making an effort. I know I joked about my kick boxing American lady on FB the other day but she's actually quite motivating. She shouts "awesome" at me a lot and tells me I'm in the "zone" whatever that means :-D
Controlling my sweet tooth , however, is another mountain to climb (one at a time) nice one Kayte on cutting out your chocolate sauce.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
I am exhausted Kayte!

I am actually doing a program at my gym and yesterday I was in my class on the treadmill and our trainer had us make the incline at level 15. I had no idea the incline went that high. I felt like I needed to clip myself on so I wouldn't fall off.

I would have worked out today but I have some writing deadlines that are pretty tight. I am just finishing lunch and so I guess it's back to it. I really hope to finish up at least the majority before the kids get home so I don't have to be up late tonight. Again.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 7:00 PM Quote

Congratulations Kayte, Debbie and Anne!
The "in the zone" comment made me laugh, Debbie. xD
As it happens every year for some unknown reason, I lost some weight on the holidays (even though I ate like a small whale, as I do every year). I decided to make the most of it, so I've started to work out too. We have an exercise bike at home, so... And I'm also trying to eat healthier. We'll see how long it all lasts. :oP

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 7:59 PM Quote
The program I am in has rules to help keep you accountable. For example, if I don't lose at least 12 pounds in the next 3 months (which is super doable if you follow the program) I have to pay $150!!

I'm already motivated but that is definitely extra motivation to not slack off. Really I only hurt myself if I don't go and don't follow the eating plan so I'm going to stick to it.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 7:47 AM Quote
Wow I can't believe they make you PAY if you don't reach your target. I suppose there's no better way to get motivated than if it hurts your pocket. It would definately give me a kick up the backside!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 2:01 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Wow I can't believe they make you PAY if you don't reach your target. I suppose there's no better way to get motivated than if it hurts your pocket. It would definately give me a kick up the backside!

Yeah it's definitely extra incentive. And they said in the past few years of doing this only two people have not met that goal. So clearly it works!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 3:12 PM Quote
Good luck, Anne!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 3:27 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
deebee wrote:

Yeah it's definitely extra incentive. And they said in the past few years of doing this only two people have not met that goal. So clearly it works!

Wow. That really is a good incentive. Good luck Anne! Lose those pounds and keep those dollars!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 3:46 PM Quote
What's the meal plan like?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 4:46 PM Quote
Wow. You ladies are putting me to shame! I haven't done 1 thing on my target list. Well, maybe a little bit of saving, but that's kind of an ongoing thing, doesn't count, I don't think.

I can't get motivated to exercise. I used to do this religiously, and then I have no idea what happened. I think I'm turning to mush! Bleck! I reeeeallly need to get back into it. Any tips? anyone??

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:00 PM Quote
I think Im going to re-start Jillian Michael's 30 day shred tomorrow. I hate it and it makes me want to kick her in the face the whole time, but it produces results. And Im not playing hockey and yoga class just finishes so I need to so something. Im pretty good at doing little things at home (some yoga and pilates, core things, lunges, all that) but Im really lazy about doing cardio.

Would something like that help, Sandy? 30 minutes, you can find it online for free, you can do it at home.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
What's the meal plan like?

Well this morning I had an omelet (1 whole egg, 3 egg whites) that also had mushrooms, spinach, and red peppers in it. I threw in some garlic as well. I also had a piece of toast with peanut butter on it and some blackberries.

It definitely tries to get you to consume more calories earlier on so you have time to burn them.

Sandy, if you can't do it on your own maybe join some sort of class? Just the accountability might help you get back into the habit.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:20 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
30 minutes, you can find it online for free, you can do it at home.

The Shred is online for free? Where, where?! I've only seen previews on YouTube.
I've looked for the DVD's at the library, but they don't have them in our network.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I think Im going to re-start Jillian Michael's 30 day shred tomorrow. I hate it and it makes me want to kick her in the face the whole time, but it produces results. And Im not playing hockey and yoga class just finishes so I need to so something. Im pretty good at doing little things at home (some yoga and pilates, core things, lunges, all that) but Im really lazy about doing cardio.

Would something like that help, Sandy? 30 minutes, you can find it online for free, you can do it at home.

I don't know! I have a treadmill, and exercise equipment at home. I have a gym membership too! I'm just LAZY. Plainly put! I just need to get off of my ass, that's it. I'm gonna have to kick my own butt, and get real.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:09 AM